WRC 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Interesting that wilson wanted kubica yet he is in his own colours rather than quatar colours. Wilson only wanted the money lol

uploadfromtaptalk1386928475012.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Qatar money isn't guaranteed for M-Sport as of yet. discussions ongoing.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
So, in effect, it will be two M-Sport teams: Lotos and whatever the other team gets called. It was expected that there would be a limited programme for Nasser Al-Attiyah, but I see no news on that, as yet.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
had a laugh at BBC Wales Sport on twitter - they claimed Elfyn Evans was the first British driver since Colin McRae to compete in the World Rally Championship.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I see in press photos of mikko he had a white shirt on with m sport logo and hi q logo.

Maybe reading too much into it

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
McRae drove the Fabia in Australia & Rally GB in 2005 then replaced Loëb in 2006 for rally turkey.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Kris Meeke test:

Mads Østberg test:

Jari-Matti Latvala test:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
VW have written to the FIA in protest to Kubica's paddle shift modification which is required for his injuries, they protest as it's against regulations.

with technology i can see an easy way around this. if for talks sake it takes 1 sec to engage gear with paddle VS 2 sec via stick (allowing 1 second for driver to reach further and activate lever) then the Ford team could easily program a 1 sec delay on the paddle to allow for this time difference thus leaving no margin for benefit over the regulated stick shift mechanism?

http://translate.google.com/transla...r/2013/12/13/mas_motor/1386933658_966307.html

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
This has been resolved before, it will be again. They are just going through the motions.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep. And other precedents as well in touring cars and GT. It will get sorted, this is just to get complete clarity for everyone.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Yep. And other precedents as well in touring cars and GT. It will get sorted, this is just to get complete clarity for everyone.
but why put in a protest when the scrutineers will pick up on it before the first event even starts ?

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Because it isn't a homologated part for the class. Pedantic, I know, but those are the rules.

Baffling thing is VW have the biggest budget and the best car. Its not as if M-Sport or Kubica will be on Ogier's pace next year. What are they worried about?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Because it isn't a homologated part for the class. Pedantic, I know, but those are the rules.

Baffling thing is VW have the biggest budget and the best car. Its not as if M-Sport or Kubica will be on Ogier's pace next year. What are they worried about?
who was it protested at VW's spare battery in parc ferme last year? if M Sport then this is a get their own back lol

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
December 13, 2013
WRC 2014 driver line-up

Here’s the driver line-up for the 2014 World Rally Championship

VOLKSWAGEN MOTORSPORT:
Sébastien Ogier (France), Volkswagen Motorsport, Volkswagen Polo R WRC

Jari-Matti Latvala (Finland), Volkswagen Motorsport, Volkswagen Polo R WRC

Andreas Mikkelsen (Norway), Volkswagen Motorsport, Volkswagen Polo R WRC

M-SPORT:
Mikko Hirvonen (Finland), M-Sport, Ford Fiesta RS WRC

Elfyn Evans (Great Britain), M-Sport, Ford Fiesta RS WRC

Robert Kubica (Poland), Lotos M-Sport, Ford Fiesta RS WRC

CITROËN RACING:
Kris Meeke (Great Britain), Citroën Total Abu Dhabi WRT, Citroën DS3 WRC

Mads Østberg (Norway) , Citroën Total Abu Dhabi WRT, Citroën DS3 WRC

Khalid Al-Qassimi (UAE), Citroën Total Abu Dhabi WRT, Citroën DS3 WRC*

(*Khalid Al-Qassimi will drvie four events - Sweden, Portugal, Italy and Spain.)

HYUNDAI MOTORSPORT:

Thierry Neuville (Belgium), Hyundai Shell WRT, Hyundai i20 WRC

Juho Hänninen (Finland), Hyundai Shell WRT, Hyundai i20 WRC**

Dani Sordo (Spain), Hyundai Shell WRT, Hyundai i20 WRC**

Chris Atkinson (Australia), Hyundai Shell WRT, Hyundai i20 WRC**

(**Juho Hänninen, Dani Sordo and Chris Atkinson will share the second Hyundai i20 WRC car. Sordo is expected to do all asphalt events, starting with Rallye Monte-Carlo. Hänninen is expected to compete in Sweden, with Atkinson confirmed for his home event of Rally Australia.)

no codes for @svensktoppen to understand

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Offical Citroen presentation/unveiling is at 1.30 pm our time and will be streamed, if any one wishes to follow it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.