WRC 2016 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Woke up to a nice surprise..
screenshotwrc.jpg

Sam.

RMS Regular
Didn't see that coming, Ola Floene is co-driving for Ostberg next year.
Mads says:
"When Jonas (Andersson) called me with the message that he had accepted an offer from EVEN Management, Pontus Tidemand’s and Andreas Mikkelsen’s management, I sat down for a couple of minutes, I admit that. Then I immediately started the work, together with my team, and we came up quickly with a list of alternatives that could replace Jonas. Fortunately several good options turned. Two of them joined me on the Monte Carlo pre event test, that was planned the day after. They did a terrific job, and secured me a good test. I am very grateful for that. Another name was Ola Floene, who fulfilled all of the criteria I had. I am therefore extremely pleased to announce that Ola and I signed an agreement today which makes us a team for the future. The agreement is long-term. We are looking forward to getting started with the preparations for 2016, and look forward to be compet for top positions in the year to come."

Ola says:

"I have had a very good time with Andreas Mikkelsen. I am proud of the results we have achieved together. I am also very pleased to have been part of the Volkswagen team, which has dominated WRC for the past two years. Still I was enthusiastic when I got the request from Mads’ team. My time with Andreas is limited to one year, the 2016 season. I’m not ready to give up my career at top level this early. I feel I have capacity for many years ahead on the highest level. Mads is one of the top drivers in WRC, who may not have been in the most competitive car for the last couple of years. To be honest, I would like to become World Champion, and I believe it is a better chance with a long-term cooperation with Mads, than to achieve it in 2016 with Andreas."
Mads and Ola will compete in a Ford Fiesta RS WRC in the M-Sport squad in 2016 WRC.

Cess

RMS Staff
Most innovative rally in the calendar. That's a proper stage. One where you can actually make up time or go on a big attack. It's on the last day too. Rapidly becoming my favorite event after Monte.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Great event, Mexico (y)

More of the really long stages could really improve things. As above, more chances of making/losing ground. Instead of everyone finishing within a second or two, and the rally decided by whoever happens to not hit some random rock or whatever...

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
I think it's great he has the potential to have 2 multi-year agreements on the table!! Earlier in the year some people thought he wouldn't get a drive and now it looks like he might have the chance to choose which seat he wants - show's the respect he has gained in the past 2 years despite visiting the scenery a few times more than he'd have liked.

Last edited:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Just going by David Evans' tweet from this afternoon.

He should know- he's rallying editor for MN & Autosport.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Full tweet said "Worth grabbing a copy of @MNRally tomorrow if you want to know what @krismeeke's up to next year. He won't have time for the garden..." So I'm guessing from that he must have some substance to the article and not a prediction or "he should" article. Would be an unusual medium for the news to break though, I'd have expected an official announcement from the team etc.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.