WRC 2016 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
Had to laugh at John McIlroys reply

4rxau1.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Waiting for the official announcement before opening the champagne, but if that is true then it looks like a great deal. Saves him camping out in deepest Finland as well :grinning: Smart move by Citroen too I think.

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
I have just heard this from a very reliable source but can't guarantee that it is 100% but this guy was the first to reveal that Meeke had got his citroen contract after he done the two rallies in 2013, long before the media had reported it. But here it goes anyway.

The reason Citroen pulled out for 2016 was because they lost the Abu Dhabi sponsorship but have since got it back. Meeke did indeed get an offer from Toyota and took the offer to Citroen and they have matched it and Meeke will contest a full program next year in a WRC DS3. Not sure however if Citroen will re-enter as a manufacture or not or if they will have a second driver. 2017 development plans are exactly as they where before. I also assume this contract will run to atleast the end of 2017 but hopefully 2018.

As I said I cant guarantee its 100% true, we'll just have to see how it plays out. I hope to god its right

My man wasn't too far wrong. 10 rounds instead of the full 14. When he told me he seemed 110% sure that's why I was confused why it took nearly another 2 weeks to be announced. Great news though.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
Brilliant news.

My worry was if he'd chosen Toyota he'd have spent next year testing and developing the car. Then Latvala turns up in 2017 and becomes the lead driver.

Cess

RMS Staff
Pleased it's official. A reason to watch WRC has returned. (y)

In other news, Prokop has signed up for Dakar and may not return to the WRC as he feels that the privateer teams get little exposure ( for example not getting much TV time on power stages).

Skoda will drop three rounds (Monte Carlo, Mexico, Argentina) from their WRC2 campaign, as they need to concentrate on building and supplying parts for customer cars.

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
Reports from French media that there will be a second citroen team next year with Al Qassimi and Breen being the drivers.Breen will be doing "several" rallys and Al Qassimi will be doing 4/5 and plans to 'take Breen under his wing'. Its been a good day for Irish rallying haha

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Reports from French media that there will be a second citroen team next year with Al Qassimi and Breen being the drivers. No mention how many rallies Breen will be doing but Al Qassimi will be doing 4/5 and plans to 'take Breen under his wing'. Its been a good day for Irish rallying haha

Be great to see Breen in a top car. Very talented pilot.

Liam Shaw

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Caddy/MX5
There was no mention of what rally's Meeke's doing next year but I'd be suprised it the 4 he missed wheren't Mexico, Argentina, China and Australia, the non-European rounds. Hope he does the recces for them though

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.