Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Ant

RMS Regular
going sort one of these now as a project after near losing the front of my car, another stupid fat **** in a bsg civil engineering van forcing his way in on the m2 commute home there, massive gap behind me had loads of time to use but no, waits and waits then out of nowhere indicates and starts to merge into a gap that didn't fit his van forcing me to hit the brakes just as someone was changing lanes behind me to get over to the j-town/whiteabbey lanes.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
@Lyons
WP_20141029_19_23_48_Pro (Medium).jpg

Arrived today. I am off work tomorrow so hopefully will get a chance to fit it then

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
@Lyons, well fitted it this morning, was easy enough apart from the the instructions are unbelievably small and hard to read, and the menu's were in Chinese but managed to get it into English. The memory card is a bit awkward to put in and out.

WP_20141030_10_59_40_Pro (Medium).jpg

The video quality is ok, it's a bit dark, not sure how it will fair at night. There is an exposure setting so I might try fiddling with that. Also the heating elements in my windscreen wont be helping image quality TBF I have to remember it was only £16

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
How is it connected to the car @Pumesta? Can it be connected to a phone for playback?

It sticks to your windscreen behind the mirror Four wire's a continuous live, negative and a switched live (to switch the unit on with the ignition) and a video phono lead. The unit is designed to plug into a DVD headunit and utilises the screen on it. You can remove the memory card and plug it into you computer the files are just standard AVI's . While I was looking for this one I did see ones on Amazon that will stream wirelessly to your phone

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ah so there's no cigarette lighter plug with it, needs to be hard wired?

Looks good though. Quality isn't HD, but certainly good enough to make out what happened in the event of an accident.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I'd actually be cutting the plug off it and hardwiring, but 4 wires sounds complicated! I wired my current 1 in my car with 2!

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I'd actually be cutting the plug off it and hardwiring, but 4 wires sounds complicated! I wired my current 1 in my car with 2!

It was a piece of pee to wire in, don't forget one of the four wires plugs into the video input on the head unit. The reason it has two + connections is because you can set it to continue to record for a set time once the ignition is switched off

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I'm wiring mine into the fuse box, so I need a positive and negative. Which positive do I use?!

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I'm wiring mine into the fuse box, so I need a positive and negative. Which positive do I use?!

You need one that is continuously live ie the feed for the radio memory and one that is only live when the ignition is on. As I said the two feeds allow the unit to record on once the ignition is switched off if you want. Also from reading the very small instructions it will allow the cam to start recording if the car is 'mutilated'

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
You need one that is continuously live ie the feed for the radio memory and one that is only live when the ignition is on. As I said the two feeds allow the unit to record on once the ignition is switched off if you want. Also from reading the very small instructions it will allow the cam to start recording if the car is 'mutilated'

I hate when my car is mutilated :worried:

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Mine arrived today, 13 days from China wasn't bad at all.
I'll post a video at some point.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA

Video number 3, now I did show this guy how slow his Volvo really was by overtaking him and while I'm stopped at the roundabout with him behind he decides to overtake.

Last edited:

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Cant view them here, says

"Video unavailable
This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings."