DOE are at it again

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RCT

RMS Regular
It's normally the other way round in my part of the country. Farmer Dan, coming home from the pub after a few too many, in the tractor, at 3am on a Saturday morning with nothing but a vague sidelight on and taking a serious speed wobble at 12mph!!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Was there not a serious bike accident at the weekend ? Heard on news roads were closed for a bit because of one ?
Yes real bad one involving one car and two bikes.one biker had to be airlifted by helicopter and flew to rvh with severe leg injuries.

Jethro

RMS Regular
I'm going to admit to watching it again and I genuinely feel embarrassed for the poor lads that have been duped into making a so called road safety campaign video.
The poor lads must be sitting there and thinking how much of a tit do I look in that clip.:oops:
As for the message at the end, it could just as easily have been about the phenomenon of rural stealth tractors.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
OP
stevieturbo
Drives
Old Ford
I guess one thing it does highlight, is the sheer stupidity of some "cruisers" if that's what they are, and how easily brainwashed people are.

You would think no sane and sensible person could ever dream up such BS and genuinely go to the trouble filming it and editing it, nevermind publishing it. There really has to be something lacking in them.

This is the very reason the roads are so bad, with brainwashed fools all over the place ignoring the real dangers and causes of accidents on the roads.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Could you imagine the carnage if the DOE had been solely responsible for it? Barrel rolls everywhere....
Quick a nice wee tractor all the same!

corsacj

RMS Regular
The angle supposedly is to show that most cruisers aren't bellends. I think it has missed that spot a little though...

A good mate of mine is in it lol

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
The angle supposedly is to show that most cruisers aren't bellends. I think it has missed that spot a little though...

A good mate of mine is in it lol

That message would have came across better if they hadn't said the slogan at the end "are u dying to cruise , or cruising to die". If they were trying to make out that just because the corsa driver was a "boy racer" doesn't mean he is part of the cruise scene, then they should have used a different slogan.

DavyC

RMS Regular
That is total BS!...Lights on a tractor?!.. Aye right! Check out the shine on it tho. I reckon that after a hard days detailing, auld Hubert was on his way down to the 'meet' to show the young bucks in the corsas a bit of old school, RWD action!

Hel

RMS Regular
There always good with the videos. The bike ones do my rocker in, watch for the biker and all that lark thats doing the rounds lately, basically pointing a lot of blame at cars for car/bike colisions. I was up around the coast road at the weekend and seen bikers doing some serious daft operating. One chap went by me at i would say was over a ton, few hundred yards up the road there was a corner with some mud on the ground from the entrance to a farmers field. Could have ended all very differently, luckily no bike in the field

Because statistically more than 50% of of all bike crashes are caused by cars and not by "serious daft operating" but im sure since you are a subject matter expert then youre opinion is worth more than any amount of fact at hand (y)

brendy

RMS Regular
The thing with adverts though is that they are easily and quickly forgotten with a nights sleep etc. I don't think I've ever pulled onto a road thinking about any of these adverts. Common sense and 20 year experience tells me to double check each direction.
I think I can safely say to these fellas in NI Cruise, "not in my name". That advert fired about half a dozen darts and missed the board with every one of them.

Last edited:

scubbay

RMS Regular
Drives
10 second Imprez
Tractor belongs to a detailer KMD just outside Toome. The PSNI gotta spend that grant money somehow. You'd think in a safety advert there would be a roll bar on the tractor and they'd turn the fogs off on the Subaru. I know some of the people involved but that is simply terrible.

pablo

RMS Moderator
the old guy and his missus were on the way home from Ikea in their scobby when the young lad with the peroni and his companion pulled along in the corsa.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
So it was filmed in the Magherafelt area. Where's the 306, Bora and Zsara ? Where's the black reek and sunstrip covering 99% of the windscreen?

And the corsa driver would have had plenty of audible warning from the "po" noise and popcorn limiter on the tractor.

How can we take this seriously, two petrol cars on the same road at the same time in NI.

It just wouldn't happen !

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-26%20at%2009.30.34.png

face on the impreza driver lol.....

have a load a ideas for photoshops but seriously cba today lol... maybe fire one out at lunch time...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.