F1 2015: All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Right, so starting order set. Looked briefly like maybe Niko had the upper hand again, but then Lewis put in two scorching laps while Niko outbraked himself twice in the same spot. Ah well :grinning:

Otherwise Williams unusually off pace. And Button so close to making the top ten, only stopped by a yellow flag...

Now we just have to see who makes it first around the first corner tomorrow. Quali is the exciting part in Monaco, the race itself possibly the most boring race of the entire calendar. Barring disaster or some f-up, they will finish in the order they start...

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Perez will have a train of cars behind him tomorrow, he out-drove the Force India to grab 7th.

Shame for Carlos Sainz, qualified 8th yet starts from pitlane after missing his call to the weighbridge (beat his much hyped teammate, Max Verstappen, as well)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Sainz and Max have both been impressive so far I think. Schoolboy error missing the weigh bridge, he will not make that mistake again :grinning: Sure it is hard to keep track of all the minutia in all the excitement of Monaco.

Reactions: DC.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Boo fuoking whooo, he was silenced by management and he had to suck it up. Nearly pissed myself when he drove into the 3rd place sign.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Barring disaster or some f-up, they will finish in the order they start...

We got both, lol :grinning:

Loved Max's run, all the way up until he hit the Lotus. The cheekiness of hanging on to Vettel to pass others, great stuff, and then at least trying to get past much slower cars. Ok, it was always going to end in tears at Monaco, but at least he tried, lol :innocent:

And then Merc, what a balls-up! Nico must have someone in Lewis' team paid off on the side, lol :p But hey, a win is a win, like he said.

And great for Button and Honda too, first points (y)

Other than that, the usual Montecarlo procession through the streets...

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Bad luck for Lewis, he really didn't set a foot wrong. Niki laudar wasn't a happy man, some poor strategist is going to get a tore a new one

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
VextOHs.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lewis was trying his best to put a brave face on after the race - congratulating the others on the podium, saying things like "it was a team effort" and "we win and lose together", and so on. But the body language said something very different :grinning:

He will be absolutely on fire in Montreal!

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Lewis was trying his best to put a brave face on after the race - congratulating the others on the podium, saying things like "it was a team effort" and "we win and lose together", and so on. But the body language said something very different :grinning:

He will be absolutely on fire in Montreal!

Held it together well on the podium with the team speak etc ..... then he refused to join the team photo.

As much as I dislike him and his materialistic childish behavior, he done well yesterday not letting his frustration boil over in the public eye.

Colin_A

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Could hardly watch the last few laps. What where Merc thinking!! Very poor call on there part. As another headline states its very embarrassing for the team as a whole.

Even Nico knew Lewis deserved it. Credit to him for being honest on the podium.

Ah well on to the next one.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
If it were me, I would be grabbing something solid and heavy and start beating stuff up, lol - do not think I could have faced the podium! He did have to park up on the circuit for a while though to collect himself. What a grade A f-up by the team, absolutely mind boggling. Knowing Lewis it will only make him even more determined in the next race.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
He was on the verge of getting out of the car & going up home before the team persuaded him to drive back to the podium + he would have been DQ'd as car & driver need to be weighed to be classified.

Flawless weekend from Lewis, his reward will hopefully come.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Just watched the replay there. That was some impact by Max. Feck!

Poor wee Hamilton getting stuck behind Verttel, awwwww

stevyg

RMS Regular
Felt bad for Hamilton, what a cock up by the team. He definitely held it together on the podium a lot better than I would have! He was still the best driver in the best car despite not being 1st place. I'm glad he got a huge applause when he started talking on the podium.
I wonder if he came out behind Nico, would Merc have asked Nico to let him past?
I'm sure the $150m contract for the next 3 years with Merc keeps Hamilton warm at night :grinning: Can't wait to see him decimate in Canada.

Max drove well but got a little too excited and hit the wall with some thump! Glad he walked away from that one.

Poor Alonso again and whys everyone making a big deal about Button getting their first points? its more of an embarrassment tbh. McL are woeful this year despite how much they have 'improved' they are still dire considering the drivers they have on board.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Poor Alonso again and whys everyone making a big deal about Button getting their first points? its more of an embarrassment tbh. McL are woeful this year despite how much they have 'improved' they are still dire considering the drivers they have on board.

Alonso commented before the race that they were well on schedule with the improvements to the car and if they scored points at Monaco, he expects them to be challenging for the top 4 spots by the end of the season ^o)

I'm really surprised at the the constant optimism they are showing, I thought the corporate veil would have lifted long ago. Alonso isn't exactly known for holding his tongue either.

There must be something really special about the car and they are definitely improving in leaps and bounds .... when you think about it, they have developed an awful lot considering they were nearly 2.5 seconds per lap slower in Aus and are now just 1.2 seconds back, setting top 10 lap times (button set 9th quickest lap time in the race on Sunday).

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.