F1 2015: All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

simy

RMS Regular
I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but rumors on other forums say that while Hass F1 are developing their own car for next year, they are also doing a lot of aero testing for Ferrari, which may account for their recent upturn in performance.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
To be fair, I think RB are also suffering from losing Newey, and even more from losing their top aero chaps. The engine is just making it worse. Even their sister team is doing better with the same engine, so more going on.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but rumors on other forums say that while Hass F1 are developing their own car for next year, they are also doing a lot of aero testing for Ferrari, which may account for their recent upturn in performance.

Ferrari cheating? Never :p :innocent:

I see Vettel still thinks he can win the championship this year, maybe he knows something ;)

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Lotus just released an image of the latest changes to Pastor Maldonado's car...

image.jpg

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Great that there trying new ideas but the elephant in the room is aero. They need to find a way that allows them to run close to each other.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Higher revving engines, louder and faster in 2017 aswell.

Talk about wider rear tyres.

I think they have finally realised F1 is going downhill verryyyy quick!!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Yet they haven't addressed the issue of cost. (refuelling will add to costs)

I hope they change the regulations regarding the front wing design - that is what prevents them from following closely within 1/1.5secs of each other.

Free choice of tyre compound will not make a hoot of difference as teams will very quickly work out what tyre suits their car best at each circuit.

Faster, lighter & louder is a must. 18'' & wider tyres coupled with more radical aero will also help.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I agree with his aerodynamics suggestion i.e. making the cars so that they don't disturb the aero of the car following close behind, but his example of IndyCar racing couldn't have come at a worse time with 4 major crashes in just over a week. There needs to be a lot more work to decide on aero rules and design.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think the Indycar situation is a bit different though, they have new rules allowing reduction in downforce (and hence drag) in quali. And with less downforce in quali, the cars get airborne if someone gets it wrong... A bit like when DRS was allowed at any point in quali in F1. That was banned eventually for the same reason.

But yes, aero has always spoilt racing. Same in DTM, etc.

I also thought the criticism of Pirelli is a bit unfair. They have been told to make crap tyres, since otherwise there would be no pit stops. So crap tyres is what they have produced. If someone told them to make a tyre that can go the distance, they would.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Multiple tyre manufactures and required 1 or more pit stop(s) would fix tyre issues. People wouldn't see the need to not pit and with both manufactures the tyres would without a doubt suit some cars better so it would be great imo.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think multiple tyre suppliers would be a disaster. Just back to the bad old days where Ferrari had their own unique tyres, and nobody else had access to the same. As bad again as the stupid engines. Add to that the lack of testing, so nobody would know ahead of time. Might as well just roll a die to settle the championship.

But with refuelling, they should tell Pirelli to produce good tyres again that last the distance. No need any more for artificially rubbish tyres just to artificially create a need for pit stops...

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Bernie seems to be the main obstacle for another tyre manufacturer to join F1. He wouldn't want Michelin to join as they would "produce a tire you put on in January and take off again in December". Odd that you don't hear complaints like that from the WEC teams and they produce some great races. Not the same thing I know.

Of course, that Pirelli trackside sponsorship deal might have something to do with it. Bernie and his management company are so blatantly corrupt and yet nothing can be done about it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.