F1 2015: All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Thought it was a great race, lots happening.
Nico is really letting the pressure get to him, I thought he would be in a pretty good place this year but whatever he stepped his game up by, Lewis doubled it.
Glad Ferrari have put together a quick car, its nice to see them back - I'm sure Alonso is secretively absolutely kicking himself.... repeatedly in the nuts.
Seeing Vettel & Nico wheel to wheel sparks flying and Hamilton trying to get out of the pits in front of them was awesome!
Nice explosion by Ric, though the nightmare they are having this year with engines I'm surprised it didn't blow and the car stop 3ft from the line.
Kimi had a great race, always love seeing him on the podium.
I see Hamilton taking his 3rd WDC this year, well deserved if he does and then he's going to Ferrari next year :imp:

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Anyone going to the Silverstone GP and flying back on Sunday night on FlyBe flight 414 just so you know the times have changed for a 3rd time in the same amount of months. Flight 414 now departs at 18:55 :worried: going to be tight getting from Silverstone to the airport on time. Hope there are no safety cars or else we wont see the end of the race!

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
21 years ago today, the most forgotten and overshadowed accident in F1 happened.

Its particularly important to remember Ratzenberger this year I think, as a victim of another F1 crash lies in a hospital with the sport moving forward.

Jules Bianchi wasnt a F1 champion like Senna, he was like Ratzenberger - Grief and disbelief was portrayed for a short period of time and then another thing happened and people forgot.

#ForzaRoland

#ForzaJules #TousAvec#17

ratzenberger.jpg

Last edited:

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Your mad leaving after the race, the party afterwards at Silverstone is 1 of the highlights of the weekend.
Anyone going to the Silverstone GP and flying back on Sunday night on FlyBe flight 414 just so you know the times have changed for a 3rd time in the same amount of months. Flight 414 now departs at 18:55 :worried: going to be tight getting from Silverstone to the airport on time. Hope there are no safety cars or else we wont see the end of the race!

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Doesn't seem like it I remember watching it on Euro sport, their cameras stayed with him. I had to switch it off, not ashamed to admit I cried watching it so so sad :worried:.
Hard to believe its been 21 years.

460SennaMikePowellGetty.jpg

jimcupra

RMS Regular
It's held inside the circuit concert beers some f1 stars floating about what's not to like. Plus handy if your camping at the track. The British gp get a a lot of stick but imo it's brilliant always a great atmosphere at it. Enjoy :grinning:
:worried: did not know that!

Colin_A

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
I remember watching this too. Sad weekend.

Good safety changes because of it. Just a pity it took that weekend to change things.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
_82802540_newmclarenlivery.jpg

McLaren change car's colour scheme for first time since 1997

Spanish Grand Prix
Venue:
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Dates: 8-10 May

Coverage: Live text commentary on the BBC Sport website, qualifying and race highlights on BBC One, 5 live race commentary, 5 live sports extra will cover all practice sessions and qualifying (FP2 and qualifying online-only)

McLaren have unveiled the first fundamentally new colour scheme on their Formula 1 car for 18 years.

The team have ditched the predominantly silver livery they have sported since 1997 in favour of graphite grey, with day-glo orange highlights.

It is only the second major change of colour scheme for the team since 1974.

A spokesman described the new design as "a dynamic, predatory graphite-grey colouration, complemented by McLaren day-glow 'speedmarks' and key lines".

He added that the idea was to "optimise (the car) not only for bright sunshine but also for floodlights used in twilight and night races".

The livery will make its first appearance at this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix.

_82802542_newmclarenlivery.jpg

McLaren chairman Ron Dennis hinted at a change of livery during pre-season testing

The team hope for a step forward in performance at the Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya, following a troubled start to the season in which they have begun a new engine partnership with Honda.

McLaren have failed to score any points so far and have only once managed to get a car through the first knock-out part of qualifying.

The team have upgrades on both chassis and engine for this weekend's race.

Racing director Eric Boullier said: "We know that one fix or upgrade won't provide a significant upturn in performance, so we're united in our continued efforts to bring further gains to both chassis and power unit, in terms of both reliability and outright performance, step by step."

Shaun

RMS Regular
Looks good, really hope they can pull it together and get competitive. Button and Alonso deserve better!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Noticed some sponsorship decals on there too, wonder if we will see those in the race as well? It has been completely bare so far, presumably with the lack of performance?

Would not want to know what this wee project is costing Honda and McL :eek:

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Watch Alonso jump ship at the end of the season best driver on the grid fighting for 12th or 13th. He is getting on now and hasn't many seasons left, back to Ferrari to partner seb maybe???
Noticed some sponsorship decals on there too, wonder if we will see those in the race as well? It has been completely bare so far, presumably with the lack of performance?

Would not want to know what this wee project is costing Honda and McL :eek:

Shaun

RMS Regular
I think Alonso will leave F1 at the end of the year and go do another racing series tbh.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
He will stay at McL, and finish his F1 career with them. The car and engine are improving, he knows it is a long game.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.