F1 2015: All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jonny F

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Another vote for Fast Forward :innocent:

Anyone who took this race as a good sign for Ferrari needs put in a room with padded walls, lol :grinning:

Merc was controlling it from the front. At one point Vettel was asked if he could go faster, the answer was no, and then Lewis upped the pace again before the pit stop. At the first pit stop, he went faster on his old tyres than Vettel did on a new set. 100% controlled to go fast enough to win, yet not so fast as to wreck the tyres, or stress the engine which now has to last 5 races I believe.

Utterly and amazingly boring way to "race", but hey, that is modern F1 for you. Like watching one of those "eco-rallies" to see who gets the most MPG...

Was a bigger surprise that Williams were not closer to Ferrari. But as said, the cost in tyres and engine wear for chasing down one position at the front simply does not compute. Which is ridiculous, but hey.

Verstappen was indeed awesome.

Best bit was actually Button vs Maldonado towards the end, even if it was because Maldonado had a problem :grinning: Brilliant racing. What was the outcome of the little coming together at the end of that?

Button got a time penalty and points on his licence

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I actually thought it was a pretty decent race behind the front 3. It could have been a great race if there was no SC at the end because kimi would have caught Vettel.

It's become pretty clear at this stage that the cars cannot run within 1.5/2 seconds of each other this season without destroying their tyres, which makes it uneventful at the front where they are trying to pass in the pits ..... it makes the midfield far more eventful though because they are all charging round on knackered tyres all the time

Verstappen was my driver of the day, boy can drive, future world champion no doubt.

Reno engines again were a let down, not only are they slow, the damn things can **** themselves at any stage no matter what chassis they are in.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Watched the entire highlights package on BBC. When the wife came home she asked who won and I told her Hamilton. She then asked where Riciardo came (she's a fan of his) and I couldn't tell her. It was such a boring race, I couldn't remember anyone's position below the top 4.

Roll on Donnington.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Watched the entire highlights package on BBC. When the wife came home she asked who won and I told her Hamilton. She then asked where Riciardo came (she's a fan of his) and I couldn't tell her. It was such a boring race, I couldn't remember anyone's position below the top 4.

Roll on Donnington.

Ricardo had a pretty eventful race. 17th to 9th after fluffing his start and going off the track overtaking.

He passed Ericsson 4 or 5 times and they both ended up off the road. He probably had more TV time yesterday than any other driver to be honest.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Vettel pulled a bit of a blinder there, lol, where did that come from all of a sudden :grinning: Well done, ahead of Rosberg.

Another stunning quali from Lewis.

This could get interesting in the race, might come down to another tactical tyre battle. Ferrari have apparently had good race pace in practice.

Williams just behind the other two again, but they have sadly shown no will to fight with Ferrari/Merc in the races so far.

Alonso might be a bit of a dark horse. Still a long way to go for McL/Honda, but looking better all the time.

pablo

RMS Moderator
His first words to Kimi were "my brakes failed" no well done mate or nothing.

Felt for vettel but good defending by bottas.

Best race of the year I think.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
When Kimi gets the car to his liking he's as quick as anyone, great drive.

Bottas drove well under the pressure from Vettel. No sympathy for Seb as his problems were all of his own making, error filled race.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Turned out to be a good one :grinning:

Cannot fail Vettel for trying, almost felt a little sorry for him when he had to go in for a new nose. But only a little :p

Same with Niko. Some aggressive overtakes, but really should not have been in that position in the first place. Should have been well ahead like Lewis. Actually, Niko jeopardised Lewis' race by forcing a change of order at the first pit stop to fend off Vettel.

Brilliant by Bottas to keep Vettel off.

And Ricciardo, creating his own firework on the finish line :p :innocent:

But Kimi is the man, perfect race. Brilliant!

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, too close for comfort there, and all because they had to cover Vettel for Rosberg...

Still think Lewis would have gone back ahead again, even if he had come out behind them. He just seemed to have more tucked away for emergencies...

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Lewis seems in a great mental place right now which usually equates to him bring very very fast. As others have mentioned I think he might have another 5% tucked away if needed. He just is oozing confidence at the minute.

Apart from massive reliability issues or a total mental breakdown I can't see anyone coming close to Hamilton this season.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Nice of Sky to rename Felipe Nasr "Freddy Nasr" - who had a decent race.

Won't be long until engine penalties are being applied to Renault powered teams & McLaren.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.