Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
The last 3 overtakes were a bit tight though ? The 1st couple on the straights were fine but the black car cut him up , the Audi was flying and the red car cut in quite late.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Would have loved to see that X5 on its roof there!!!

Who knows what happened before though....

No excuse for that whatsoever all the same.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
70 (i thought)

Not sure tbh but can't see it.

Anywho is this legal, Lorry in outside lane on the M2? Bellevue hill climb section.
image.jpeg

@O.C.D?
I don't have a dash cam but I've attached a picture of myself before anyone gets smarts and accuses me of illegal activities
image.jpeg

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
70 (i thought)

NSL dual in a car it will be 70.

And on video that would 100% be deemed an illegal undertake whether the other car is in the wrong lane or not. If you' stayed in left lane, you could maybe argue slower moving traffic etc etc...but deliberate lane change to pass then change back again breaks all those silly rules.

Gotta wonder how the hell the van ended up there, and totally wiping out a lamp post too ! they take some hammering ( and I know, I did one years ago )

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Not sure tbh but can't see it.

Anywho is this legal, Lorry in outside lane on the M2? Bellevue hill climb section.

HWC says they should not use the outside lane of 3 or more lane motorways. It doesnt state must not though. So cant see it being illegal.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
NSL dual in a car it will be 70.

And on video that would 100% be deemed an illegal undertake whether the other car is in the wrong lane or not. If you' stayed in left lane, you could maybe argue slower moving traffic etc etc...but deliberate lane change to pass then change back again breaks all those silly rules.

Gotta wonder how the hell the van ended up there, and totally wiping out a lamp post too ! they take some hammering ( and I know, I did one years ago )
Two wrongs don't make a right , but he was "excessively using the overtaking lane" .

O.C.D

RMS Regular
SELECT POLICE AREA
Enter your town or postcode to see information from your local force
GO
Q590: What types of vehicles are not allowed in the outside lane on the motorway?
The types of vehicles not permitted to use the right hand (offside) lane on a motorway, which has three or more lanes open for use by traffic travelling in the same direction are:
  • a goods vehicle having a maximum laden weight exceeding 7.5 tonnes,
  • a goods vehicle having a maximum laden weight exceeding 3.5 tonnes but not exceeding 7.5 tonnes, which is required to be fitted with a speed limiter
  • a passenger vehicle which is constructed or adapted to carry more than eight seated passengers in addition to the driver the maximum laden weight of which exceeds 7.5 tonnes;
  • a passenger vehicle which is constructed or adapted to carry more than eight seated passengers in addition to the driver the maximum laden weight of which does not exceed 7.5 tonnes, which is required to be fitted with a speed limiter.
  • a motor vehicle drawing a trailer
  • a vehicle which is a motor tractor, a light locomotive or a heavy locomotive.
There are exceptions to this rule, which are:
  • when it is necessary for the vehicle to be driven to enable it to pass another vehicle which is carrying or drawing a load of exceptional width.
  • for a vehicle to change lane during a period when it would not be reasonably practicable for it to do so without involving danger of injury to any person or inconvenience to other traffic.