Trackskills Sunday 5th November 2023

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Great craic as usual.
Although I should've changed all front pads instead of just the one that died trackside, (wanted to get out for the last session again!) as just as I hit the peninsula on route home I had metal on metal.
Was a fun game getting back to Portstewart on just engine braking and handbrake 🤣🙈

FB_IMG_1699265583384.jpg

FB_IMG_1699265648442.jpg

FB_IMG_1699265658938.jpg

FB_IMG_1699265674343.jpg

FB_IMG_1699265684989.jpg
FB_IMG_1699265750317.jpg

Love this shot, cheers @Rigger

416234-41d2fea3ac47937c438b9efdbc401987.jpeg

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Drivers, please do yourselves a favour next year and ask Donal, aka @V8 to accompany you on a session.

I have done countless laps of this place the last twenty years, yet still have never mastered the braking zones or lines. With Donal beside me in a Hyundai i30N a lot of years back, I was taught so, so much.

The guys are there to run a great day, but they are all racers and are also there to help us as drivers.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Think coogs swift was genuinely one of the coolest sounding cars there lol.
And it handles stupidly well 🤣

Craigs swift is very impressive, wee thing just grips and grips. no power is wasted.

Had a ball. Didn't time a single lap; haven't a clue how it does or how consistent I am, just happy to go out and have a bit of fun. Faultless as usual... tried a slightly softer suspension setting this time carried over from a damp Mondello a few weeks back, which resulted in less understeer but some manifold and tarmac contact, so might raise it a touch over winter and try it softer again next season. Otherwise a great days craic and just shows what a fairly normal little hatch with a few mods can manage.

Got a clip of @weeloaney blasting past me here and another one with a run with a MX5. Have tons of footage but lack the time to process all of it.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Had a ball. Didn't time a single lap; haven't a clue how it does or how consistent I am, just happy to go out and have a bit of fun. Faultless as usual... tried a slightly softer suspension setting this time carried over from a damp Mondello a few weeks back, which resulted in less understeer but some manifold and tarmac contact, so might raise it a touch over winter and try it softer again next season. Otherwise a great days craic and just shows what a fairly normal little hatch with a few mods can manage.

Got a clip of @weeloaney blasting past me here and another one with a run with a MX5. Have tons of footage but lack the time to process all of it.

Think that was one of a handful of times I went through debtors flat, no lift going in.

I enjoyed seeing the sparks from you going into debtors and the hairpin.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Were they ds2500’s were they? Or standard ones?

DS2500s yeah!

Talk about getting your money's worth 😲

They were one of @G24NTR s spare used sets. Cheers bro 🤙

He kindly offered them and I destroyed them. So yeah I got his money's worth. 🤣

Even though the DS2500s were well used, the difference in good pads is unreal over my crap spongey Red Stuff.
Can't wait for my new track pads to arrive!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
DS2500s yeah!

They were one of @G24NTR s spare used sets. Cheers bro 🤙

He kindly offered them and I destroyed them. So yeah I got his money's worth. 🤣

Even though the DS2500s were well used, the difference in good pads is unreal over my crap spongey Red Stuff.
Can't wait for my new track pads to arrive!
Think they shouldn’t have wore that much if new 😂

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Thinking out loud, but if those of you who drove would like to get high resolution versions of my images, would £25/head sound fair to get a WeTransfer link of my set?

I wouldn't mind some high res copies for the mancave so fire over payment details please mate

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Was that just one session that ate those pads @Ben P or were they already low?

I’ve a set of Pagid RS14, braided hoses and some Castrol SRF fluid in my eBay basket, hoping for a Black Friday deal lol.

Zach57

RMS Regular
Bit of a character building day for myself, cut my thumb while fixing the back shock in the morning. Thanks to @Coog and @G24NTR for the first aid. Then in the 2nd session the engine let go in catastrophic fashion leaving a big hole in the block. Car felt great prior to it and I’m disappointed I didn’t get any glowing brake photos later in the day.
Thanks to the marshals for the clean up and Gavin in Leon Touring car for the lift home.
IMG_7401.jpeg
IMG_7382.jpeg
IMG_7413.jpeg
IMG_7414.jpeg

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Was that just one session that ate those pads @Ben P or were they already low?

I’ve a set of Pagid RS14, braided hoses and some Castrol SRF fluid in my eBay basket, hoping for a Black Friday deal lol.

5 sessions and the lowest pad only had like 2-3mm when starting off.
Heavy ass convertible!