BTCC 2015 : All chat here .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
We only cheated a wee bit . .snigger . . :p

BTCC changes grid draw procedure after Austin Brands controversy

1428336125.jpg

British Touring Car Championship drivers will no longer be involved in the draw for the series' reverse-grid races.

The change follows the controversy at Brands Hatch on Sunday ahead of the third race of the 2015 season opener, for which Rob Austin deliberately picked himself to be on pole position.

The grid for the final BTCC race at each meeting is decided by someone picking a numbered ball out of a pot to determine how much of the top 10 is reversed.

Austin, who was redrawn on pole position by series director Alan Gow, claimed he looked into the pot because other drivers had done the same and got away with it.

Gow told AUTOSPORT this would be different from the next round at Donington Park to ensure it did not happen in the future.

"I have changed the draw procedure with immediate effect so that no current drivers take part in it," he said.

Austin, who went on to finish fifth in the final race of the opening weekend, apologised on Monday for the incident.

"I am truly and sincerely regretful and sorry for letting everyone down with my moment of stupidity," he said, "and I hope everyone will accept my most sincere apologies and not let my actions be a negative reflection on the championship, my sponsors or my team."

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Messy start to Panzers weekend . .

11130023_875168439191274_204258325138592396_n.jpg

Update: Jack Goff given an official reprimanded and 2 points on his licence for hitting Hunter in FP1.

Driver quotes @DoningtonParkUK @DunlopBTCC FP1. Rob Austin (16th, 1m11.081s): I’m happy with that. We spent a lot of the session scrubbing in new tyres and when we did go for a run towards the end it was on old rubber. There’s a lot more to come." Hunter Abbott Racing (26th; no meaningful time set due to Jack Goff hitting Hunter before the chicane): “I was on an in lap and saw Goff a long way off in my mirrors. So I straightened up and got as far left to the track as possible out of way to give him room to pass. I saw him conmig quickly towards the back of me so I didn't turn and started heading for the escape road to give him space if he had missed his braking point and then bang! Straight into the back of me. There’s a lot of damage. I don’t know if we’ll be out for qualifying or not."

Shaun

RMS Regular
Brilliant first race, that Goff and Collard battle was good to watch.
Colin done well to come back into, hopefully get a win before the end of the day!!

Shaun

RMS Regular
Anyone see the Ginetta race just now??

More excitement in the final lap than a full F1 race lol
3 wide across the finish line, Unreal driving from them. (y)

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
There would have been a lot of clenching when cook and Smith were coming back on track.

What a race

Dan.86

RMS Regular
that was possibly the best day of racing I have ever witnessed.

had everything, loved the switchbacks through craner curves and old hairpin.

Josh Cook really held his own, but I really hate when Aron Smith starts flashing the lights, just get on with the job!

F1 is total balls in comparison

Shaun

RMS Regular
that was possibly the best day of racing I have ever witnessed.

had everything, loved the switchbacks through craner curves and old hairpin.

Josh Cook really held his own, but I really hate when Aron Smith starts flashing the lights, just get on with the job!

They all do that, Plato was at it up the straight to get rid of back markers.
They do it when trying to pass someone aswell to distract them.
Not nice but they all do it.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
They all do that, Plato was at it up the straight to get rid of back markers.
They do it when trying to pass someone aswell to distract them.
Not nice but they all do it.

I knew that but Aron smith just annoyed me doing it lol

let your pace and race craft do the talking instead of distraction

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon

Totally agree, hence why I made the decision earlier this year to cancel our Sky F1 subscription (I had an old school legacy pack)

Now, back to the racing. I only finished my viewing this evening (forgive me, but finding 400 odd free minutes straight these days with a toddler is nigh on impossible!)

The racing was second to none, definitely planning a trip over to Knockhill now.

Cess

RMS Staff
Martin Donnelly gets a BTCC drive. Total blast from the past and another NI driver on the grid

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Former Grand Prix driver Martin Donnelly will make his BTCC debut at this weekend's Thruxton round for the Infiniti Support Our Paras Racing squad.

Donnelly replaces Richard Hawken in a surprise move which sees the former Lotus F1 racer partner Derek Palmer aboard the Infiniti Q50 machine.

The 51-year old is unfortunately best known for his horrific life threatening crash at Jerez during the 1990 Spanish Grand Prix, which ended his F1 career on the spot after sustaining multiple injuries, particularly to his legs.

"It's great to be involved with the inspiring Infiniti Support Our Paras Racing team, working alongside the injured ex-Paratroopers," said Donnelly.

"I can relate to these guys with what they are trying to overcome with their disabilities, having suffered my own injuries back in 1990 at Jerez.

“Clearly it's going to be a very steep learning curve, but I'm up for the challenge. My primary goal is to see the chequered flag at the end of Sunday's three races, and I'm looking forward to racing in the BTCC this weekend."

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Watched the first race today, only to realise it was Thruxton. The entire circuit is basically one long right-hand turn, with everyone driving in file and almost no overtaking :worried: Was hoping for some excitement after F1, lol, but no luck this time :grinning:

Never bothered with the last two races. Did I miss anything?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Watched the first race today, only to realise it was Thruxton. The entire circuit is basically one long right-hand turn, with everyone driving in file and almost no overtaking :worried: Was hoping for some excitement after F1, lol, but no luck this time :grinning:

Never bothered with the last two races. Did I miss anything?
Yes, I thought they were pretty decent. Good bit of mid field battling.

Matt neal went 25th to 6th in the 3rd race, tho that was pretty easyish for him

Shaun

RMS Regular
Thruxton isnt bad, one of the faster courses.

Good races just a pity Turkington had a very quiet weekend.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
pretty quiet one yesterday. At least Turkington is scoring points consistently though.

no safety cars either unlike last year lol

screen-shot-2014-05-07-at-14-00-20.jpg

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Just catching up again. Seen the 1st Ginetta Cup race & christ that 14 year old Sophia can pilot.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Yeah she is brilliant, only 14 aswell and winning races against some brilliant talent in the Ginetta's.

Shes going into Formula 4 next year then Formula 3 then wants to be the first female in F1. (y)

Reactions: dub
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.