BTCC 2015 : All chat here .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Was a good weekend :grinning:

Second race got a bit "exciting", lol, total carnage for a while there! Thought they would all crash out at one point. I really wish F1 could be racing like this, but I guess it will never happen...

Not a good weekend for Shedden with that massive ballast, well over 70kg :eek: How did he end up with that much?

Good effort by Jason as well, considering his own ballast.

But awesome for Colin - result :grinning:

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Hahahahahha

hahahaha.jpg

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Not a good weekend for Flash sadly.

With the points at the top, pretty much all of the top 5 or 6 are in with a shout still. You can't really say the same for F1 or WRC for example.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Realising that you hadn't set the Sky to record the BTCC at the weekend....FML.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
In BTCC you never know until the last race of the last race weekend. A bit doctored with the ballast and all that, they make darned sure nobody is allowed to run away with it. But the racing is all the better for it :grinning:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
In BTCC you never know until the last race of the last race weekend. A bit doctored with the ballast and all that, they make darned sure nobody is allowed to run away with it. But the racing is all the better for it :grinning:
All the ballast the put on cars and yet Turkington stayed first and got the fastest lap in the first race and again stayed out front In the second race with maximum ballast for it.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Getting a clear space is the main thing in setting a fast lap.
Thats why we have seen plato and a few others start from the pits instead of the back of the grid to get some clear air.

Plato stayed in the pits a few races ago until the cars were coming round the last corner before he left lol

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
All the ballast the put on cars and yet Turkington stayed first and got the fastest lap in the first race and again stayed out front In the second race with maximum ballast for it.
The VW CCs are great at carrying weight and straightline speed. I think it was Oulton Park where Jason Plato has almost full ballast, started from pole and won the race. The Hondas suffer badly on anything over half-ballast I've noticed.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Post-weekend penalties handed out at Knockhill

A host of penalties have been handed out following the three races at Knockhill by the series officials.

Tony Gilham Racing, Welch Motorsport and AmD Tuning have all had 10 points deducted for an engine over the allotted amount.

Race one saw penalties for Jack Goff, who received a reprimand and two points on his license for contact with Aiden Moffat, while a similar penalty was handed to Kieran Gallagher for an incident with Daniel Welch.

Rob Austin also received a £500 fine and three points on his license for contact with Matt Neal on the slowing down lap after the chequered flag.

Tom Ingram was the only driver to receive a penalty in race one, having 1.8 seconds added to his time after gaining an unfair advantage on Dave Newsham.

Finally, Andy Priaulx was handed a 3.5 second penalty, demoting him to fourth, for his contact with Aiden Moffat, promoting the young Scot to third and scoring his first BTCC podium.

The stewards also looked at an incident between Andy Priaulx and Jason Plato at the hairpin, but no penalty was given.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Watched the first and most of the second races last night, what an anti-dote after the F1 :grinning:

Great to see different cars/drivers at the front, not just the usual suspects. Some intense battles!

I guess Jason/Turkington had a lot of ballast, never really saw any of them?

Shaun

RMS Regular
Alan Gow really gonna **** up the BTCC. Rob Austin Racing got one of their licenses suspended because Hunter Abbott left on the morning of the race to go to the birth of his child.
The license is valid for the rest of this season but apparently not for next season!
Another mistake the rest of this season and he will be down to one car this season aswell!!

Doing that to someone who puts in so much to the BTCC and then giving a seat to Nic Hamilton for only 5 races who couldn't drive his finger up his arse and is only in there for the media/money!! (n)

Shaun

RMS Regular
Same thing will happen!! If Abbott had of just said **** it im not taking part this weekend at all he would have been ok. Its because he done quali etc
They even had another driver lined up that morning and were prepared to start at the back of the grid but it fell through.

Yet Andy Priaulx is allowed to sit out next race altogether to race elsewhere and wont get penalised. At least rear bumpers will survive a bit longer with him gone lol

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
As a Rob Austin shareholder im disgusted at the continued "payback" attitude
towards our team since Rob "accidentily" pulled his own number out of the
big black bowl . .
However , some good news has appeared ,

Rob Austin Racing BTCC team to drop Audi A4s in 2016

1440671950.jpg

Rob Austin's race-winning British Touring Car Championship team will not field its brace of Audi A4s in the series next season.

Austin, a race winner in British Formula 3, made his BTCC debut in 2011 when his eponymous team introduced the A4 as part of the first batch of then-new NGTC machinery.

He took his first win in 2013 at Rockingham before repeating the feat last season, but he and team-mate Hunter Abbott have struggled this year, with Austin 13th in the points with a best finish of fifth.

It is understood the long wheelbase and high base weight of the A4s have often compromised the team and Austin told AUTOSPORT there was "no incentive to come back" with them next season.

"We won't be running it next year," he said of the Audi.

"We've had to redesign the shell, it's on its third subframe and rocker mounts - we thought we were getting round it but this year shows we aren't.

"The team is working really well, given the right base car we'd be competitive.

"I just want to go racing without a hand behind my back."

Austin claimed Oulton Park, where he qualified 16th despite feeling there was "nothing left on the table" in his driving was his "realisation" the Audi had to go.

He suggested the BTCC's NGTC update package, details of which are expected soon, would not be enough to warrant continuing with the A4 because they would be expensive to implement and the fundamental issues of the Audi would remain.

"It depends on the updates, but we want to build two new cars," he said.

"I'm hoping to get manufacturer support but I suppose everyone is.

"We'll look at anything - it doesn't matter what badge is on it. Front-wheel drive or rear-wheel drive, whatever suits the regulations best."

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Was about to get up for more food and then the super touring cars came out. I'm staying here

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Just 6 rounds left and it's pretty much down to Sheddon, Plato, Neal and Turkington. All in all, a good day for Honda and Sheddon.

The super touring cars brought back some great memories. Loved the accord and the 406.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Silverstone this weekend, should favour the passats for the long straights.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Bad news. The crash on Sunday twisted the shell. Panzer, in this version at least, is mortally injured. BUT like the Doctor, he will regenerate. Rob Austin Racing are busy stripping him down to build up the spare shell (the original Sherman) for Brands Hatch. Here's a selection of some of my favourite images of him from this year. Rest in peace, you'll forever have a place in my heart.

12039721_1719505828278108_6750668247573887050_n.jpg

Dan.86

RMS Regular
These Eco boost engines are cleaning up! another pole for Jackson. something not right there.

Turkington 5th on the grid and Plato 6th. Im going to Brands Hatch tomorrow....cant wait if Turk can do this! :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.