BTCC 2015 : All chat here .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Their boost limit is set too high . .

Sam Tordoff says that the BTCC should take action to peg back Brands Hatch poleman Mat Jackson and his Motorbase Ford’s “ridiculous engine”.
Motorbase missed the opening half of the campaign after the withdrawal of title sponsor Airwaves at the end of last season, rejoining the championship at August’s Snetterton round with a revamped Ford Focus and a new Mountune engine.

With success ballast in qualifying and the first race awarded according to championship positions, Jackson has enjoyed the luxury of being able to qualify with no extra weight, resulting in pole positions and first race victories at Rockingham and Silverstone.

As Jackson scorched to a third successive pole at Brands, the West Surrey Racing BMW contingent struggled, with Tordoff unable to do better than 14th.

Speaking to Motorsport.com afterwards, Tordoff said that a lack of straight-line speed was to blame for the team’s poor showing, and suggested that series organisers should take action to reign the dominant Jackson.

“If you look at the sector two speed trap, which is along the back straight, [the three BMWs] are the bottom three, giving away 6mph to Jackson,” explained Tordoff.

“That Ford has a ridiculous engine – I don’t know how that was allowed to have so much power.

“Then there’s the fact you can come into the championship halfway through the year and have no ballast, take pole and win the first race, which he will do tomorrow.”

Tordoff, who joined reigning champion squad West Surrey Racing at the start of the year after two seasons at Triple Eight MG, also said BTCC's rulemakers were too quick to penalise the team’s success.

“We need a few rule breaks on our side,” he added. “We won the championship once [last year], and they handicapped us.

“When Honda won, they didn’t get handicapped, and whoever wins this weekend won’t get handicapped, so it seems there’s some unfair play going on,” he concluded.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Missed you he final race but looked up the results.

Happy with it, not who I really would have wanted but preferred he win over the other one haha.

Last race worth watching?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Only got to see the last race, but it was indeed epic, lol - what a drive :grinning:

This is BTCC at its best. Yes, it is "artificial" in that they use ballast and other performance levellers to make sure nobody ever gets to run away with it, and it always goes down to the last race. But the racing is stunning, no flippin' coasting for fuel or any such nonsense, just flat out bumper-to-bumper and wheel-to-wheel racing.

More excitement and actual racing in that one race than in the entire season of F1 so far!

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I don't think I've ever sat and watched a race like it, I was having kittens. Ok, it helps Flash was driving a Honda and that Plato is a bit of pantomime villain but good god, I'm so glad I watched all three races over anything else yesterday.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
couple of questionable moves in Race 3, I seen Jeff Smith with his indicators on on the start finish letting Sheddon pass.

He was on fire mind you, overtake on Paddock Hill around the outside was great to watch.

Everyone was going mad track side every lap!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Still need to watch it, but understand other drivers wanting shedden to win over Plato haha

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Missed the first two races, but if that is true then he should be sacked. Those places would have made the difference in the championship for the team. He must have had a brainmelt or something :grinning:

Interesting to see the team back-pedalling... Does he bring a lot of money with him?

Just to be clear, after Shedden's drive in the last race I am sure nobody would deny him the trophy (y) But there was so little in it...

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Just caught up on the final meet. Just putting my tongue back into my mouth, what a finale!

I have to get a run over to a meeting.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.