My First Ford

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
If it crashes in my garden, I'm keeping it.

It's like the Bermuda Triangle round there..

Speaking of your garden, just drove past there and it's like a scene from Hitchcock's The Birds!!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
A mates father has an ultimate green one RS, only has around 450/500 miles on the clock.

They had it from new for at least 5/6 years haha. Such a waste, especially when they sound like that

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
And just like that, the RS is gone. Had too much money tied up in it and with the new(ish) house needing a bathroom and other 'changes' happening it needed to go and be replaced with something cheaper.

I'll put up a thread about its replacement soon enough, it needs a few things sorted but I'll be on the case soon enough!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
And just like that, the RS is gone. Had too much money tied up in it and with the new(ish) house needing a bathroom and other 'changes' happening it needed to go and be replaced with something cheaper.

I'll put up a thread about its replacement soon enough, it needs a few things sorted but I'll be on the case soon enough!

I liked this just to be able to unlike it again.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi

Booooo (n)

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Thought I'd try out its arch nemesis - megane 250 cup. It's needing new tyres so that's my 1st port of call. Initially I'm like 'how was this able to put down better times than the RS?' but you just wind up the speed and keep her going. Brakes are awesome on it.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Thought I'd try out its arch nemesis - megane 250 cup. It's needing new tyres so that's my 1st port of call. Initially I'm like 'how was this able to put down better times than the RS?' but you just wind up the speed and keep her going. Brakes are awesome on it.
Have to say I like the Megane 250 & 265's, I bought a little 197 for a 'fun daily', seems pretty good.

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R

White one in dundonald?

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
That's the one! Bit basic, but low miles and drove well! Needed a bit of tlc to the side skirt too, before I was buying.

Had a look round it, lovely motor, all i would of wanted extra would be Recaros. Cup chassis is a bonus. Health to drive!

Miltek or Akrapovic exhaust would be brilliant. Stage 2 your talking 330bhp

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Akrapovic :grinning:
How you finding the Megane opposed to the rs? Iam finally back in another St focus fresh of the boat this morning 07 with 20k forgot how much I loved this engine.

I'd love to be doing a lovely exhaust etc, but only sold the RS to free up a bit of house money!!

I'd compare the Megane to focus like M3 to M5. Straight line the focus would eat it. I'm sure a remap would bring it back, but then the same to the RS would put it ahead. Engine in the focus has twice the midrange, but the megane has it for chassis and brakes. The centre of gravity in the megane feels about a foot lower. Inside the megane is grand, but I'm currently missing all my toys, auto lights, wipers, folding mirrors, quick clear windies, etc etc. No xenons so looking for the best standard replacement.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.