My First Ford

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Good luck with your pile of spaghetti mate

uploadfromtaptalk1408801526404.jpg

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
After finding a tin of simoniz original wax in the father's garage, and using the wisdom of RMS and Mr Miyagi I gave it a try today.

uploadfromtaptalk1410007055293.jpg

Will be interested to see how long it lasts. Also strange now how smoothly my finger slides across my phone's screen. Must have a nice coat of wax on it too! :grinning:

AC

RMS Regular
These have such a road presence, looks great! I used the simoniz wax once before, took all bloody day, but lasts for ages.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Can't remember who it was, but somebody else was complaining that they'd left it on too long and they then had to spend half a day working it. I was literally wax on, wax off, Daniel-san!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Been working away on a wee project for the banter, it'll soon be up and running - piecing together a bbk for the focus from eBay bargains. First up, some r8 rear calipers that needed a bit of tlc, painted and new seals.

New pin kit, thanks to @BBSBOY !

m7t-cHpEzbrjtzbdPUUEv9A.jpg

And a knuckle / hub off eBay so I don't have to pull apart my car to take measurements!

140.jpg

Discs and pads enroute from ecp.

Still just about on course for sub £400!

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Its a great looking motor, I catch it about all the time in traffic and its always a few cars ahead or heading opposite direction. Just sits so much beefier on the road than my ST. Nice work with the brakes, hope it all works out (y)

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Its a great looking motor, I catch it about all the time in traffic and its always a few cars ahead or heading opposite direction. Just sits so much beefier on the road than my ST. Nice work with the brakes, hope it all works out (y)

Cheers man, I always feel bad when you spot me and I'm 'in the zone' and never realise until you're down the road!

Picked up the brake discs earlier - the guy at the counter remarked he'd never seen such a size of a box. Just hope they're not wildly heavy but I'm sure if all works out well I could get 2 piece rotors down the line.

uploadfromtaptalk1412616710102.jpg

Once the RS hub arrives the brackets will be easy designed. Then it's lines and fluid and we're off!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
The OEM are single pot on 335mm, the new ones are 4 pots on 365mm discs

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
The OEM are single pot on 335mm, the new ones are 4 pots on 365mm discs

I see why you wanted to change mate, too many memories! :p

Sounds good, hard to beat a bit more stopping power. I was near tempted by an M3 Alcon BBK for mine, but didn't have the £1400 it demanded :worried:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Initially with a more aggressive pad compound in the rears, but probably will fit the rears from a jag s type r (which has the same front calipers as the rear r8 ones I bought for the front). I don't expect the fronts to be massively more powerful than the OEM focus ones. I have a wee calculator here...
http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/bias-calculator/
..that I'll check some of the options out on. But since the weight balance on the focus is waaaay more front biased than the jag s type, that could move the bias more rearward than I'd like, which is much worse than a balance moved slightly forward.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Did you pass me tonight in Belfast heading towards bangor on the M3? Around 10:30 prob? Was defo a blue RS!

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Haha! It was only after I thought it might've been you! You should have blared the horn!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.