1999 Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 wagon

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
Have the keypad and the code :grinning: (this made me very happy as the fob is very temperamental now!) and the sequence to code it.
Just the fob is different from mine which is an ac38, was wondering if that AC110 would work though?
Reckon it would?

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
Have the keypad and the code :grinning: (this made me very happy as the fob is very temperamental now!) and the
Just the fob is different from mine which is an ac38, was wondering if that AC110 would work though?
Reckon it would?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Looking and sounding real well this evening round the outer ring mate (y)

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
haha, cheers man.
Rushing to get to the cinema on time :oops:
You in the BM? Didnt see it.

Need to get the springs and bushes (need to get new steering rack ones bought) sorted on it still, and have the skirts and front bumper painted up.
Still grin every time I drive it.
Looking into upgrading the ecu, downpipe and injectors now to bring it up to around the 270ish mark.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yes I was in the carpark at the bottom of the Ballygowan road so you would never have seen me! I heard you before I spotted you lol

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
I put a downpipe and midpipe on it john, or are you wanting a divorced pipe put on?

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
Well that's just saved me a fair bit! lol!
I thought it was just the exhaust pipe that was but on man, do you know what downpipe was put on, or are they all much of a muchness?

Just the ecu then, this is one I've been pointed towards (from another thread that you've commented on scoobynet @Gambit ) looking at:
SP sti 1001056110 A18-000DIX 0418 3 PLUG ECU

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
I put the downpipe and midpipe on when i had the clutch fitted, both items were japspeed i believe. Its an open mouth.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Well that's just saved me a fair bit! lol!
I thought it was just the exhaust pipe that was but on man, do you know what downpipe was put on, or are they all much of a muchness?

Just the ecu then, this is one I've been pointed towards (from another thread that you've commented on scoobynet @Gambit ) looking at:
SP sti 1001056110 A18-000DIX 0418 3 PLUG ECU

Yep thats the prodrive ECU, you want the one with the Grey plugs (not yellow)

Or get a Boost Controller and up the boost to 1.2 on your std ecu, they run really rich so can take this no problem. you are running superunleaded aye?

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
I put the downpipe and midpipe on when i had the clutch fitted, both items were japspeed i believe. Its an open mouth.

Hahaha, just the way I like them.

Yep thats the prodrive ECU, you want the one with the Grey plugs (not yellow)

Or get a Boost Controller and up the boost to 1.2 on your std ecu, they run really rich so can take this no problem. you are running superunleaded aye?

I am indeed, although last night it got a full tank of normal, didn't even realise until i put the spout back on the pump :confounded: but normally only gets super.
I've to get a turbo timer as the with the cold mornings coming in I dont fancy waiting 5mins in it to get it up to temp, so could just put that in at the same time. Would be handier having the hi low settings too actually for when just driving about.

Gambit

RMS Regular
turbo timers are a load of cr@p. just drive it gently off boost for first couple of miles, engine, turbo, box, diff will all warm up nicely! same when coming home drive. td04 is a pretty strong wee turbo, i ran mine with no dump valve

might be worth getting a fuel pump also if it hasnt already had one - 255lph will do nicely

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
So after buying an STI top mount, the MAF decides to pack up before I even got it home.
So its as good excuse as any to take off the road for a month or so and sort out everything that's bugging me.

Got it in and the shoes off and cant wait to get stuck in and sort out the underside of it. Replace the bushes and give it a good clean, new tein sport springs, refurb the calipers, underseal, get the wheels refurbed and 5-10mm spacers, find the really slow power steering leak, but in a standard airbox with a proper filter....might even give it a clean too.

Prelude is lurking in the background looking sorry for herself....

DSC_0086.JPG
DSC_0087.JPG
DSC_0094.JPG
DSC_0103.JPG

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
A mate had a classic and the power steering pipes werent tightened. Try the simple things first.

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
Will try them all cheers man.

Top mount is a bit bigger so one of the brake reservoirs is in the way, is it a matter of changing this for an STI one too or just relocate it somewhere somehow...?
Yellow cap up the left of the pic....

DSC_0088.JPG

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
LOL! In fairness I was trying to figure what to order for dinner. Cheers man.

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
DV thats on the standard fits perfect, just need a new pipe section to allow for the angle it will sit at :grinning:

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
So got the Tein springs in the front today and gave the shocks a quick spray while i was at it along with a good clean to the calipers and checking the rubbers etc, their all good and Goodridge braided lines in there too.

12314025_1036076626414960_59114841307761721_n.jpg

11048649_1036076719748284_1344158355773354683_n.jpg

12108001_1036076613081628_3128450777917935099_n.jpg

Also got a pic through from Michael on the wheels ...

12301600_1036076789748277_2499666766265419598_n.jpg

Do the rears tomorrow.
MAF cam today too so new TMIC and that will be put on tomorrow and Sunday will do the rear bushes I've got for it. Ordered up so power steering bushes too last night so hopefullly they'll be here on Monday and put in before I get the wheels on.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.