Belfast City Center speed limit reduced to 20mph

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
I have to admit as a pedestrian, cyclist and driver I have no problem with a 20mph limit in built up areas. Where I live a 20 mph limit was introduced a few months ago. It can be frustrating but you never know when a kid, dog or pedestrian will suddenly appear in front of you from behind a parked car or side street. The slower the speed the greater the chance that you may be able to stop. Mind you I think I"m about the only person who ever adhears to the lmit and the signs that have been put up are tiny. So far haven't seen any hairdryers out but I'm sure it will only be a matter of time. Must get a speedo fitted to my new bike as Im sure I would be doind more the 20 mph on the way down the hill. Potentially could be done for "peddling furiously."

pablo

RMS Moderator
was in town last night and didn't see ANY indication that the speed limit was 20mph. How can it be enforced when there are no 20mph signs up anywhere?

how are you supposed to know which streets are 20 and which are 30.

bit of a shambles really.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They are there but there's that much else to be concentrating on and so many other signs that they're pretty hard to spot.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
I only noticed signs this week - just 2 of them - on Streets where I drive every day. One is on Waring Street, outside the Premier Inn, and one is on Skipper Street outside the Merchant. They are small "repeater" signs, up poles and at locations with so much else to concentrate on you'd barely see them. In fact I only noticed them while walking.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I always forget about the 20 on my way home from work as there are no signs until I get to the 30 sign at the top of High street

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
35-40 minutes to get from Queens Island to Europa bus station this afternoon on public transport.. To be fair it would have been even slower had I been in a car as the bus lanes sped things up (for me anyway :grinning: ), but for a journey of that distance to take so long is pathetic. It would have been even worse for car users.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
35-40 minutes to get from Queens Island to Europa bus station this afternoon on public transport.. To be fair it would have been even slower had I been in a car as the bus lanes sped things up (for me anyway :grinning: ), but for a journey of that distance to take so long is pathetic. It would have been even worse for car users.

At what time of day ? That's pretty bad for any transport.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Just after 5pm

****ty time of day doing anything anywhere near Belfast ! Prob be quickest to walk or cycle. Although if a normal day with no arseholes crashing causing chaos, 35-40mins still sounds slow for most transport. Even despite the bus lanes causing havoc etc, that route would still be best going through the city centre

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.