BMW M4 - Akra Pg 5 // Lowered & Floored Pg 21.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Yeah very limited turbo lag which is nice :grinning:

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Plate sorted. Big thanks to @Neil@rockvale for sorting it at such short notice and another big thanks to @mcma1 for giving me a garage to sort it quickly :grinning:

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Pic!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 178

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Good choice. Looks more purposeful. Can't wait to get rid of my standard issue plate. So how long was turnaround with the DVLA? Need to send my papers off once the Bank Holiday is over

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Amazingly I got the plate certificate in about 4 days and then I sent the paperwork away on Tuesday and got it today!

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
I must say , what a truely stunning car and proper sound bloke . Great to meet you today but even better to be thrown the keys and told to take it and give it some stick haha. Made my day getting a blast in that . The only way I can describe the power delivery is SAVAGE !! And that exhaust note is very addictive . Plate looks great on it by the way and I can vouch it really is a weapon lol

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Would love to see how this twin turbo straight six compares to my RB26. Got to love straight six motors.

Reactions: WSM

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Looked well in Vic Square earlier today. Plates suits it.
Stalking me? :grinning:

I must say , what a truely stunning car and proper sound bloke . Great to meet you today but even better to be thrown the keys and told to take it and give it some stick haha. Made my day getting a blast in that . The only way I can describe the power delivery is SAVAGE !! And that exhaust note is very addictive . Plate looks great on it by the way and I can vouch it really is a weapon lol
Thanks again mate. More than welcome!! Savage is a good description for sure. Maybe see you at Bishops ;)

Would love to see how this twin turbo straight six compares to my RB26. Got to love straight six motors.
Rolling road style or a little drag? :laughing:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Rolling road style or a little drag? :laughing:
No point, I'd own you in both. :p :laughing: ;)

I wasn't meaning in terms of power, I know what they both make or even speed really. I was meaning in terms of how they feel to drive and the characteristics of the engines, boost threshold, power delivery, that kind of thing.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
@WSM Spotted you on Friday afternoon at about 4:30pm in Ballyhackamore, I noticed an M4 in mineral white paintwork looking well with the sun hitting it.

Wasn't sure it was you as the car didn't have the "M4 WPN" reg plate, but then spotted a dude in the driving seat sportin' shades and a large beard and knew it had to be you LOL!! I can see the appeal of the Akra system...

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Haha and my beard is tamed down at the minute... Plate wasn't on then but that was indeed me! I hope you got a blip of the Akrapovič - I've been blipping it as much as I can lately !

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Ha ha ha!!! Were you just leaving Jason Shankeys after a beard grooming session :p

I knew it was definitely you after seeing the beard and then hearing the Akra system blipping when you took off - some note off her! Straight sixers sound great on chat and are so smooth. I miss my old 330 - nothing can substitute the smoothness and the lovely note off a bavarian straight six IMO and M cars can be a right animal if you push them on

Are you not tempted to maybe put a subtle rear c/f spoiler on the bootlid to tie in with the trim on the front and the dark rims?

Last edited:

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Haha there's one sitting in Bavarian waiting for e to pick up :grinning:

In debating the electronic wheel but read some grief with wear and tear and bobbling so might leave it. They need to make a leather one!

I wasn't in Jason Shankeys. My beard is that of a homeless man :grinning:

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Haha there's one sitting in Bavarian waiting for e to pick up :grinning:

In debating the electronic wheel but read some grief with wear and tear and bobbling so might leave it. They need to make a leather one!

I wasn't in Jason Shankeys. My beard is that of a homeless man :grinning:

Just looked the electronic wheel up - that looks awesome!

attachment.php

I wouldn't let fears of wear and tear put me off TBH, check out the warranty on the wheel and if it starts to wear badly outside of warranty you could keep the std wheel for a spare and send the electronic one off to the likes of royalsteering wheels for a retrim - their work is top notch http://royalsteeringwheels.com/1-2/ I think @pablo used them a few times in the past

or maybe go local and get @baron to retrim it for you

Last edited:

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Yeah I was down that neck of the woods on Sunday :grinning:

Still debating this MPerf Wheel. I think I'll go check out the BMW rear spoiler but saw another on cutters I liked as well.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I nice to see someone buying a brand new car like this or your boys (Gmac?) m5 and not afraid to do a little modification to them.

Will know mean with the small drop and spacers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.