BP Ultimate shortage in Northern Ireland?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dingle

RMS Regular
OP
dingle
Drives
C63 AMG
Go in Carrick have it. Got some this eve there. Didn't know maxol mallusk done it would have saved me a trip.

Yip Got some in the Maxol - Pump 7 only so you wouldn't normally notice.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looks like super in Mallusk for me this morning before heading to Dublin tried filling up in BP Glengormley yesterday with no success must have looked like a weirdo circling the forecourt.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
confirmed Go in Carrick had some last night. I did have an issue with Go once where my fuel pump died on the first tank but any other tank in 3 difference cars I've had no issues so I'd suggest it was just an old fuel pump.

dingle

RMS Regular
OP
dingle
Drives
C63 AMG
Looks like super in Mallusk for me this morning before heading to Dublin tried filling up in BP Glengormley yesterday with no success must have looked like a weirdo circling the forecourt.
Don't worry I did the same lap in there myself! :grinning: they should be used to it by now

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
I have only filled with it once and it was when the station on ladas drive ran out of regular and doled out super for the same price. Was in a petrol turbo at the time and noticed zero difference but hey. I know some cars need it.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
If it's a UK 350z normal petrol is absolutely fine.

Only if you take it easy. See my post in the previous page. They've a knock sensor that for some reason doesn't operate after 5k rpm. Its even mentioned in the manual.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Only if you take it easy. See my post in the previous page. They've a knock sensor that for some reason doesn't operate after 5k rpm. Its even mentioned in the manual.

90% of the UK 350zs on the road are run on normal unleaded. Any UK car is 100% not going to break by using 95RON.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
How do you know? Did you see the link above?

Think I'd rather stick a drop of booster in for all it costs!!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Lol... I'll pay an extra £5 a tank and let some other mug figure out what running 95 in a 350z does long term.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I know if I run normal 95 stuff (esp Tesco stuff) in the bike it pops and bangs from the exhaust and the throttle response is very 'snatchy', if I put 97 (usually BP Ultimate) I get none of this. In the car I get more MPG from Ultimate over even standard BP petrol by about 3mpg as I've tried it and that was the result so in the long run it doesn't really cost much more and if it gives more power/cleans the engine or what ever else it claims then it's a bonus.

Also I've emailed BP and asked them about this, said I'd get a response in 3 working days.

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
Drives
St246 caldina
Mine is turbocharged and mapped from factory to run on 100 Ron. Gotta be plenty more like this.

pablo

RMS Moderator
only use super as car is mapped or it would be on 95. Though I get the same miles per £ on super than regular.

dingle

RMS Regular
OP
dingle
Drives
C63 AMG
Mine is turbocharged and mapped from factory to run on 100 Ron. Gotta be plenty more like this.

Yes indeed! your engine is a slightly tinkered version of what's in mine - Why the use of super has suddenly come in to question I don't understand! High Octane fuel is mandatory on turbo charged jap scrap.

BTW there can't be too many of those caldina's in the country!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.