BP Ultimate shortage in Northern Ireland?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Finally some sense being talked! Picked up some booster earlier, noticed holywood BP was out of SUL earlier today

Ant

RMS Regular
still nothing in glengormley bp, but got sul at the Go in Great Victoria Street

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Finally some sense being talked! Picked up some booster earlier, noticed holywood BP was out of SUL earlier today

Except none of it really applies to n/a engines where you'd need to do something completely daft to cause any damage. Like fill the tank with water lol

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
Wonder does this dispel the myth that all Sul comes from the same tank at the docks with different additives added. Or is the BP filling stations more popular and ran out first.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
The BP stations at the Hartford Link and Rose Vale (Bangor Road) in Newtownards are now both out of Ultimate petrol.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Wonder does this dispel the myth that all Sul comes from the same tank at the docks with different additives added. Or is the BP filling stations more popular and ran out first.

I dont think anyone ever claimed BP Ultimate was same as other brands, supermarket etc ?

It does seem a very unusual thing to happen though, BP was one of the few with almost all stations carrying it. Hopefully they arent withdrawing it

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
BP bring there own fuel in (sometimes) and everybody else. maxol,jet,go.tescos whoever you want to call them buy of statoil (as in all in one ship)

before everybody shouts bollicks lol.. i know the person that presses the button to buy the stuff.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Sure at top oil in Dublin where I'm down with work a good bit they share a pipeline to the dock storage tanks with several other fuel vendors

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
BP bring there own fuel in (sometimes) and everybody else. maxol,jet,go.tescos whoever you want to call them buy of statoil (as in all in one ship)

before everybody shouts bollicks lol.. i know the person that presses the button to buy the stuff.
Do you mean jet maxol and tescos (which we don't get here) SUL or regular is the same?
I've never been able to detect any consistent difference in fuel between any source of fuel, but know that is akin to telling some folks on here the earth is flat.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Do you mean jet maxol and tescos (which we don't get here) SUL or regular is the same?
I've never been able to detect any consistent difference in fuel between any source of fuel, but know that is akin to telling some folks on here the earth is flat.

Ali Burrows definitely remarked that Topaz in particular has a very distinguishable smell.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
and Bob Rawle told me the BP sul i presented the car with to be mapped looked more like normal unleaded, whereas the texaco sul i used for second map was far better quality sul

Texaco SUL? England I presume?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Texaco call their SUL 'Supreme Unleaded', used to be called high octane unleaded and yes they still do it as @Arfur filled up with it today in Comber (Killinchy Road).

Nigelo

RMS Regular
So what's actually happening? Seems some places have been out for quite a while now, and is there any word of fresh deliveries?

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Yep, after a very frustrating run around Newtownards looking for BP Ultimate @Paddy_R remembered that Killinchy Rd Texaco stock SUL. (y) Jobs a good un!
No reply yet from BP UK... i'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting here:relieved:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
What about the garage on up the Donaghadee Rd, Texaco? They have a super pump. Anyone seen if they've stock? Wonder what's going on, is this the first time it's ever happened?

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I got word back from BP they said due to NIs obession of Diesel they've withdrawn SUL with regular unleaded to follow suit soon too!

Jk :p lol

You are half correct there are no plans to withdraw 95 RON however the SUL pumps are being replaced with extra Ultimate Diesel ones

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
What about the garage on up the Donaghadee Rd, Texaco? They have a super pump. Anyone seen if they've stock? Wonder what's going on, is this the first time it's ever happened?

It's a Maxol theses days. And it doesn't have super, or didn't the last time I was up there.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.