BP Ultimate shortage in Northern Ireland?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

fj1200aa

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat
Just got some from Hendersons and asked attendant if supply issues were now sorted - his response was BP were no longer going to supply into NI and the remaining fuel in tanks was being sold until they got to the last 500 litres so as to prevent any contamination issues. If this is accurate looks like there could be a local opportunity for octane boost sales.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Just got some from Hendersons and asked attendant if supply issues were now sorted - his response was BP were no longer going to supply into NI and the remaining fuel in tanks was being sold until they got to the last 500 litres so as to prevent any contamination issues. If this is accurate looks like there could be a local opportunity for octane boost sales.

Damn, thats my double nectar points taking a hit :worried:

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
That's poor if they are going to withdraw it. So basically no ultimate fuel here any more? BP is the only garage I ever see selling it around Lisburn. I use both the Ultimate Unleaded and ultimate diesel, have done for years.

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
If BP are withdrawing there is even more reason and opportunity for Tesco to bring in Momentum99 then.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
If BP are withdrawing there is even more reason and opportunity for Tesco to bring in Momentum99 then.
Dunno main question is why are they withdrawing, maybe its not making them very much money (LOL as if) with all the transport costs to NI. Who knows

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
Yes all I can think of is lack of demand from their perspective in terms of them 'being arsed' any more to bring it here.

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
Sainsbury's withdrew their Ultimate years ago from anywhere I know a Sainsburys petrol station that used to have it (Lisburn, Airport Road West) and if it recall it was basically BP Ultimate.

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
Can you advise any Topaz that sell it? Lisburn I dont know of any and genuinely cant think of one with super? Belfast then next nearest I assume? Is theirs also 97 RON? I believe Topaz is effectively the Irish arm of Shell so is it as near to VPower as we will get?

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
Ok thats an option then. Two others in Lisburn I know of, Murphys (originally Jet) and the tiny one at Super Value dont do it. On a side note is it always sickening seeing the fuel prices on google street view - Super @117.9 :worried:

ek4

RMS Regular
Drives
ek4
Heard BP are meant to be bringing in a new "mix" of super unleaded so thats prob why they are letting the current stock clear.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
As far as I understand, the biggest issue with super in NI is it sits in the tanks far too long. It may do no harm for the number of outlets selling it to be reduced (as long as a decent geographical spread is maintained). I don't mean all BP garages stopping it, but a reduction in pumps overall would increase throughput and mean fresher fuel for everyone.

C4L

RMS Regular
I just sat reading this thread for 15 minutes and at no point until this second did I put 2 + 2 together as to why half an hour ago I stood like a d1ck at the petrol pump for a good 5 minutes throwing dirty disapproving looks at the shop to turn the pump on for super unleaded when obviously there was none left hahaha

Edit: they had no sign on the pump to be fair lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.