BP Ultimate shortage in Northern Ireland?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
There was a fella in a red e30 m3 lookin for super while I was in. Awesome lookin car.

hitandamiss

RMS Regular
Drives
Nothing
Can ya go super than back to standard alright? I've heard once ur on super you're meant to stay on it but not sure about that

Bronk

RMS Regular
If you car has been mapped for super u can drive on normal unleaded.. Just don't be driving it on full boost

KrisSRT

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTD
Can you advise any Topaz that sell it? Lisburn I dont know of any and genuinely cant think of one with super? Belfast then next nearest I assume? Is theirs also 97 RON? I believe Topaz is effectively the Irish arm of Shell so is it as near to VPower as we will get?

Sort of topaz bought out shell in the south & statoil and made it one company.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
As far as I understand, the biggest issue with super in NI is it sits in the tanks far too long. It may do no harm for the number of outlets selling it to be reduced (as long as a decent geographical spread is maintained). I don't mean all BP garages stopping it, but a reduction in pumps overall would increase throughput and mean fresher fuel for everyone.

What tanks are you talking about? at the docks? The way I look at it is they've sold out most if not all stations within a week and a half (assuming the last delivery was 1.5 weeks ago) that's some turn around surely? Also if its true that they add the additives at the docks then surely its once its in the tanker and not once its stored at the docks? Not having a go at your response btw just wondering as lots of people say there is crap turn around from Super over here?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
We don't know how long it took to sell out. Last top up could have been months ago and its only running out across the board now.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
What tanks are you talking about? at the docks? The way I look at it is they've sold out most if not all stations within a week and a half (assuming the last delivery was 1.5 weeks ago) that's some turn around surely? Also if its true that they add the additives at the docks then surely its once its in the tanker and not once its stored at the docks? Not having a go at your response btw just wondering as lots of people say there is crap turn around from Super over here?

No I mean in the stations themselves. There's plenty that only get a fill every of super every 2-3 months.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
So do we have any more information about if BP is going to do Ultimate again or are we going to have to go elsewhere?

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Is there anywhere other that GO! in the Craigavon area that does SUL? My local Topaz doesn't.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Cheers thanks, that'll be a good back up for me.

I wonder if the Texaco on the Armagh Road at Shamrock does it too. It's a bit closer to me.

Phil_D

RMS Regular
So do we have any more information about if BP is going to do Ultimate again or are we going to have to go elsewhere?

Tried 4 different BP's around Belfast today and non had super... (Malone, Ballyhackamore, Holywood road and Shandon park (outer ring)...The big one on the outer ring said it was meant to be delivered yesterday, settled on £10 of normal stuff as i had 5 miles left in the tank (i now have 15 miles lol)...Will head to Topaz and fill her to the throat...

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I'd love to know where the Topaz selling super stores are, give that a whirl for a while

Airport road Topaz sells it, just off nutts corner.

**Edit** and had some for sale on Tuesday night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cro
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.