BTCC 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Plato said himself he is moaning about the BMW's cause they are faster but if he was in their car at the front he wouldn't be saying a word lol.

Im a Plato fan and always like to see him win. Him and Neal have been way to quiet this season, need another scrap to liven things up!

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Hahahahahahaa . . ahahaha..... haaaa ....ha !

Team Dynamics receive a suspended penalty following Matt Neal's post-Rockingham outburst

• Matt Neal's Team Dynamics Honda squad have been hit with a suspended penalty following his post-race Rockingham outburst.

Neal, who endured a difficult Rockingham weekend, was highly critical of the championship and it's regulations when talking to the press after the final race.

TOCA adjudged Neal's comments to have brought the championship into disrepute following an inquiry, which was requested by series boss Alan Gow.

Subsequently, TOCA handed the Honda factory squad with a £25,000 fine along with revoking both of the respected TBL licenses.

However, the series organisers decided to suspend both of the penalties, lasting until the end of 2015.

The former triple BTCC-champion has expressed his regret in making the remarks and has apologized in a brief statement.

“I regret the comments made to a member of the press in the immediate aftermath of the recent BTCC event at Rockingham and sincerely apologise for any offence they may have caused," said Neal.

“It was never my intention to bring the series into disrepute and therefore I understand that my comments were unacceptable and completely accept the sanctions imposed.

“I am fully committed to Honda, Team Dynamics and the BTCC – a series I have loved and raced in for many many years – and look forward to moving on from this incident with immediate effect.”

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
OP
DEEJAY.B
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Todays quali results at Silverstone .

Jason Plato translates MG's promising practice into an easy pole-position at Silverstone.

• 1. Jason Plato MG KX Clubcard Fuel Save MG6 58.511 seconds
    2. Colin Turkington eBay Motors BMW 125i M Sport 58.575 seconds
    3. Sam Tordoff MG KX Clubcard Fuel Save MG6 58.578seconds
    4. Mat Jackson Airwaves Racing Ford Focus ST 58.602 seconds
    5. Aron Smith Chrome Edition Restart Racing Volkswagen CC 58.653 seconds
    6. Alain Menu Chrome Edition Restart Racing Volkswagen CC 58.745 seconds
    7. Tom Ingram Speedworks Motorsport Toyota Avensis 58.798 seconds
    8. Marc Hynes Quantel BiFold Racing MG6 58.825 seconds
    9. Adam Morgan Wix Racing Mercedes Benz A-Class 58.832 seconds
    10. Rob Austin Exocet Racing Audi A4 58.891seconds
    11. Rob Collard eBay Motors BMW 125i M Sport 58.919 seconds
    12. Jack Clarke Crabbie's Racing Ford Focus ST 58.942 seconds
    13. Jack Goff RCIB Insurance Racing Volkswagen CC 58.943 seconds
    14. Warren Scott Chrome Edition Restart Racing Volkswagen CC 58.992 seconds
    15. Aiden Moffat Laser Tools Racing Chevrolet Cruze 59.034 seconds
    16. Andrew Jordan Pirtek Racing Honda Civic 59.036 seconds
    17. Gordon Shedden Honda Yuasa Racing Honda Civic Tourer 59.089 seconds
    18. Matt Neal Honda Yuasa Racing Honda Civic Tourer 59.193 seconds
    19. Fabrizio Giovanardi Airwaves Racing Ford Focus ST 59.153 seconds
    20. Nick Foster eBay Motors BMW 125i M Sport 59.161 seconds
    21. James Cole United Autosports Toyota Avensis 59.262 seconds
    22. Lea Wood Houseman Racing Toyota Avensis 59.464 seconds
    23. Martin Depper Pirtek Racing Honda Civic 59.505 seconds
    24. Robb Holland Rotek Racing Audi A3 Saloon 59.761 seconds
    25. Simon Belcher Handy Motorsport Toyota Avensis 59.800 seconds
    26. Luke Hines United Autosports Toyota Avensis 59.899 seconds
    27. Chris Stockton Power Maxed Racing Chevrolet Cruze 59.994 seconds
    28. Hunter Abbott AlcoSense Breathalysers Racing Audi A4 1 minute 00.383 seconds
    29. Ollie Jackson STP Racing with Sopp & Sopp Proton Gen-2 1 minute 01.748 seconds
    30. Dan Welch STP Racing with Sopp & Sopp Proton Gen-2 1 minute 23.178 seconds
    31. Dave Newsham AmD Tuning.com Ford Focus ST No time set

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Easy pole position? Colin just 0.06s behind, and the first five cars separated by just 0.1s, lol :grinning:

Just to put that in context: 0.06s over a BTCC lap at Silverstone amounts to about 3m, and 0.1s just under 6m - less than a car length between Colin and Plato over a lap, not exactly huge margins!

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Seen the ebay bmw flying (upsidedown in mid air) first thought maybe it was menu had stuck the bumper in but alas it was rob collard was the victim. Just in and going to get settled for race 3, bring it on.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Rob holland in that Audi needs a good slap for being an asshole.

I know adrenalines flowing but no reason to act like that.

Last edited:

timor

RMS Regular
Incredible 3rd race,Plato was counting on Colin not being aggressive but he was proved wrong!good to see that when needed Turks can push!interestingly the skull and cross bones on the back of his helmet are to remind him to be a bit more aggressive!
905504_503700853012567_1893015783_o-1.jpg

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Rob holland will certainly regret giving James cole an earful when he sees the video of his crash.

Race 3 could have went so badly for Turkington, infact if it wasn't for Gio taking the impact from Platos punt on Turk then he would have definitely spun out. He should be reprimanded.

Other than that the racing has changed to some great tactical points gathering, loving it!

Had Turk and Jackson in my dream drivers team :-D

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Fell asleep in the first two races, was like watching F1 :worried:

Only slight entertainment was Gio, lol. Somebody must have given him an entire ship load of angry pills :grinning:

Last race was great, good result too. As much as I love Plato, that shunt was not called for, and if it were not for Gio taking up the brunt of it (and ending up 11th or something as a result...) then Colin would have been out of the race.

A penalty for Plato would definitely have been in order, but he knows it will not happen, because it would end the championship early. And if it is one thing BTCC organisers do not want, it is that. So they will adjudicate to make sure it goes down to the wire, rather than the other way round.

Plato will have a lot of leeway, Colin will have none. Plato knows this, not sure if Colin does. Expect more punts from Plato, when needed, in the next few races.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Have to say now Race 1 and 2 were definitely controlled by Turkington, the man knows his job, despite the lack of excitement from the front

I loved watching Gio race in the Vectra, 4 wheel drifting it round church in Snetterton :laughing: Great to see Menu too getting to grips with the CC, I hope they are both back next year!

Im over in Essex during the final meet, 45 mins away from Brands. torn between going and not going because oddly I want to watch all the detail lol.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
There we go then! Didn't realise it was to be had in the first race lol.

Well done Colin Turkington!! :-D

Dan.86

RMS Regular
The interview they did at home was a good insight, the '09 car in the shed.

Cess

RMS Staff
Great achievement by Colin and a another fantastic demonstration that all the top motorsport people come from Norn Iron

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.