Coogs multifaceted fleet

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
That car just looks like great craic! I'd love a spirited drive in an mx-5 to see what they are all about!

Yeah it's good craic. Needs decent tyres though as can't really push on without it wanting to slide about. Good fun getting the back end out though lol. She pops between gear changes too which I find childishly amusing...
this thread makes me sad

Yours gone then?

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Not yet :worried: Just this is sitting (minus arches and wheels) exactly how I wanted mine lol

pheunos

RMS Regular
Spotted this afternoon, looking good. Good man having the roof down too.

Are you aware of the trick of putting the drivers window down but keeping the passenger's up to reduce buffeting for the driver? Works a treat and makes the wife think you're doing her a favour by letting her keep her window up.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Right enough I knocked the passenger window down with my elbow and wondered why it had got extra baltic/windy all of a sudden. Doubt it'll be much of an issue anyway, can't see her wanting to set foot in it given her reaction when I pulled it out of the garage for the first time lol. I can stealthily wreck Twains lucious locks though :p

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Graham told me about you doing this, I have 5 litres of Nato green sitting in the garage, bollox I thought!

Though I am going to go Camo, with Green base and brown and Black camo and still struggling with what colour for the wheels.

The green does toughen them up well. Does it get dirtier easier being satin rather than gloss?

Yellow laminix would look the ticket on the front lights, (sidelights/indicators)

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Can't say I've really noticed though I've not yet had the chance to get it properly dirty. Been kind of toying with laminix for a while lol.

Camo would be cool (y) would obviously need to spray it on though as you couldn't roller or vinyl it.

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Could roller on a green base, then get rattle can the brown/black on easy enough. Was planning something similar with an s14 a while ago lol

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Yeah that's what I meant. I think there's a way to do camo so it doesn't look weird. I think all corners need to be black or something, read it on the LR forums.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
First plan of action is to Roller the Green, and then Plastidip the brown and blacks, so if I don't like it I can just peel it off.

My other thoughts are to go totally mental and make it aero style, ie rivets along panel gaps and seams etc. I dunno tbh. Might get a spare wing and try some stuff out. My bodywork is very tired (but 100% rust free), so I am not too worried.

Inspiration for the yellow laminex

2065184-1.jpg

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Don;t do the rivet airplane look...

because I want to do that :p

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
And please no yellow lights... :-# Sorry roverspeed :grinning:

Its JDM yo :p

Definitely need to do something with the indicator sidelight housings, they look too bright against the rest or the car. Possible smoke laminex.

Dare I say it, smoke satin rather than gloss on the lights, if thats even possible?

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Don;t do the rivet airplane look...

because I want to do that :p

Tell you what, one picks army colours and the other airforce or Navy colours.

I would love to do mine with Roundels but don't fancy the connotations of Red white and blue on the car. And I wouldn't want to do USAF style because their aircraft aren't camo'd

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Aye the sidelights do look a bit bright now that you mention it. Might try them yellow to see :oops:

PRU blue looks good in them. Was a toss up between this and the NATO for me (and battleship grey). I think I'll probably change the colour next year anyway. Here's the PRU blue. Looks pretty sweet IMO

blue1.jpg

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I thought about Battleship grey, but it looks just too much like being in primer :worried:

the PRU Blue is nice, I could definitly go with a marines/navy theme with that.

Whatever colour its getting done, I am doing the window frame black. I don't know why more ppl don't do it :grinning:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Aye she's nice and solid, the lilac was horrendous lol!!

slimbo

RMS Regular
Drives
MIV GOLF
Awesome job when I seen the roller putting the paint on I was like was a boss :grinning:
but I have to say it a really nice finish. Any plans for wheels?