F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
.....Then sank into my chair trying to decide which of my 2 favorite sports governing bodies (F1 or FIFA) are the most corrupt.

Lol, good luck with that, let us know if you manage to split those two :grinning:

Throw in the Olympic committee for a complete hat-trick :p

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
How about this folks… 16-year-old Max Verstappen (son of Jos) is to replace Jean Eric Vergne at the next race in Spa.

Only signed to Red Bull juniors last week.

Amazing.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Oh wait…it's maybe for next year lol!

Even still :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, it did sound a bit April's fool :p

Surely he would only be test driver or something? What has he achieved so far?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
How on earth can he go from Karts to F1???

Must be either the most talented youngster ever, or loaded with so much cash nobody can say no...

I guess we shall see next years whether it is trousers or nappies :p

Delboy23

RMS Regular
OP
Delboy23
Drives
EP3
Not sure, he'd be doing practice sessions to get the kilometres under his belt for sure if it is true, but even then he might not get the approval of the FIA.

Or he can just leave a pile of money lying there and be suddenly granted one;)

C4L

RMS Regular
I think you guys are misunderstanding what 'karts' are, its not Eddie Irvines... He's in F3 this year which used to be the pre F1 school before GP2 took off.

The level of competition is the same, the budgets are ridiculous, the fitness etc. all is just as high at the top level of karting that it is in F3/GP2 etc. the main thing those guys need time to adapt to is the amount of downforce and how you have to adjust your style... I still think its ridiculous he could even have done a year in GP2 but anyway...

I'm sure the not signing with Merc and going with Redbull was due to being promised a race seat for 2015, that and when you have a Dad who's been in F1 and knows everyone in the paddock the wheels can get turning pretty quickly, Piquet for instance! Money is money, no one is racing in British formula ford nevermind F3/GP2 or F1 without huge amounts of money usually accompanied by a massive sponsor, so it is what it is I guess :/ Still madness at 17!

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
eight race wins, six in a row, in f3 in his debut season, i can see why f1 teams were clambering to sign him up lol
......and he came second in the championship in his first season, after winning the european and world karting championship.

He might be young but he has all the credentials ..... His results in the junior formula are better than 90% of the current F1 grid.

How's he been granted a super licence if he's only coming from karts?!

A super-license is awarded after a certain amount of wins in specific feeder classes and he has done more than enough in F3 to be awarded one.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Will be interesting to watch for sure :grinning:

I guess the fact it is RB and Merc talking to him, and not Caterham or something, says a lot (y)

C4L

RMS Regular
bare in mind the European F3 grid has as much talent as a local trackday nowadays however!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Another driver change.

André Lotterer, Le Mans 24hr winner, is to replace Kamui Kobayashi for Spa.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
No, he is just a nice guy and decent driver, somehow managing to scrape together enough sponsors to get a drive. Not one of all the paid up tourists.

Not the greatest driver ever, but has his moments. A bit like Button, though probably quicker like for like.

C4L

RMS Regular
great video! he's certainly exciting to watch and not a giver of fu*ks who he is behind, still has a go. he might not be world champion material but he's certainly better than a fair few on the current grid!

Delboy23

RMS Regular
OP
Delboy23
Drives
EP3
Didn't realise how well he was doing this year! But he does need mileage under his belt in a current f1 car doesn't he?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.