F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I still have a good feeling about the new McL/Honda/Alonso combo. McL clearly have put all their eggs towards it and abandoned this year's car, possibly even last year's, waiting for the Honda engine and the right driver line-up.

Still hope Lewis kicks Alonso's bee-hind, lol, but want to see McL doing well :grinning:

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Would be lovely:
McLaren Honda 2015.jpg

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Interim McLaren-Honda F1 car breaks cover at Silverstone

1415982469.jpg

McLaren's development Honda Formula 1 car broke cover on Friday during a filming day at British Grand Prix venue Silverstone.

In a bid to get as much early mileage as it can with Honda's new V6 turbo engine, McLaren's development car, the MP4-29H, took to the track for its maiden laps.

The chassis has been designed to maximise the information the team and its new technical partner can gather from the installation of the all-new power unit.

It means that the team's definitive 2015 car, the MP4-30, can be developed in isolation to maximise its aerodynamic potential ahead of the new season.

F1's regulations mean that McLaren is limited to just 100 kilometres of running at the filming day, but that should be enough for it to get an indication of any early teething problems with the new power unit.

It will also make it clear whether or not it is worth running the new Honda power unit properly in the post Abu Dhabi Grand Prix test.

Honda is wholly committed to making a success of its return to F1, and its engine chief Yosuhisa Arai said recently that he is expecting victories in 2015.

"Formula 1 is a very important part of our strategy - and winning is very important for Honda," he said.

"We want to raise the awareness of our brand and I trust - I am a firm believer - that we will win races next year."

1415983556.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Basically a test mule for the engine, doubt the rules would allow anything else. Just a Honda badge on the dildo nose, and a Honda engine in the back.

@AIRFORCE1 could have done that for them, he has had loads of practice with little Princess :p

Still good to see it running!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Marussia freight in Abu Dhabi along with Ferrari engine guys wearing Marussia team shirts…they might have risen from the ashes!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Maybe Ferrari doing a Torro Rosso? Marussia have kind of been a Ferrari junior team for a while (Ferrari engine, Bianci, etc.)...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Honestly cannot see them doing anything other than using Marussia to get extra testing after the GP. If for anything at all...

stevyg

RMS Regular
I see Grosjean just announced officially he is staying with Lotus for 2015.

Really looking forward to Sunday. Whos everyones money on? Its an unforgiving circuit and the safety car may have an impact but I think Hamilton will bring the car home and settle for a 2nd place, Nico has nothing to lose and will gun his way to 1st. I just hope a DNF from either car isn't the decider.

Also Tom Kristensen has announced he will be retiring from Sportscars at the end of this season…que the 'Button to Audi' rumours.
I think that would be a great move for Button, he could get involved in Audis (apparently non-existent) F1 program, I could see him as a successful team principle in the future. I think he has the experience, knowledge, leadership and sound mind to lead a team like that.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Maraussia staff are on routre to the track, those guys need a slap on the back.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.