F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
OP
Delboy23
Drives
EP3
I thought Christian Horner made total sense in the team principal press conference earlier. Something definitely needs done with these engines.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Yet and all it would be a different story if Renault & Ferrari had of produced a proper power unit which could actually compete with Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes-Benz took the cheery from Red Bull's bun & they don't like it one bit.

I agree with Bernard though, these current power units are now so complex they have very little relevance to road cars.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
I dont understand the alonso mclaren deal tbh, years ago he was a black sheep when nicole's golden balls boy was in the team. KEEP BUTTON RON

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
McLaren & Honda want a world class driver to lead the team ie Alonso or Hamilton.

The was little to no chance of Hamilton coming back so soon so I'm guessing they cut a deal with Alonso to re-join, very much on his terms.

It's a gamble for Alonso as the Honda Power Unit is such an unknown quantity.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I can't wait to hear from all the Ferrari fans next season

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416610740.063209.jpg

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
The shi*e's about to hit the fan!
Could Massa be the fly in Lewis' ointment?
Payback for this fateful day in Brazil?:
image.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Massa will being doing well to beat Bottas never mind one of the Mercedes cars.

Abu Dhabi is looking great.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
P2 will do nicely. Lewis' race pace during FP2 was slightly better than Nico's so he should okay tomorrow.

Ain't much more Nico can do really.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
here's Massa's chance to get payback for Hamilton snatching his championship - take him out at the first corner :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, all set now, barring some mechanical issue, or Lewis doing something stupid. He has had his head on lately though, so fingers crossed (y)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Classic RB :grinning:

Cannot fault them for trying though :p Shame for Ricciardo though, he was doing well in quali.

So both RB starting from the pit lane then?

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Poor Mr Newey must,nt have any more "tricks" left hence seeking new challenges lol .

Also ,good point here ,

It emerged later from the paddock that the issue revolves around an illegal front flap adjuster. Journalist Adam Cooper was told the FIA discovered a leaf spring arrangement inside a rubber shroud.

After some team members, including Adrian Newey visited the stewards, it was decided to disqualify both Daniel Ricciardo and Sebastian Vettel. They were set to start from the third row on the grid, but following their disqualification will have to start from the back of the grid or the pitlane.

Whether they will be able to is unclear at this time, as the team will obviously have to change wings to be legal in the race. If the team's legal front wings are considered to be of a different spec, then it's a breach of parc fermé rules, requiring a pitlane start.

Last edited:

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
I think todays race is the least they've got to worry about, they're in for a world of s**t

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.