F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30116227

Bernie doing his bit for Caterham :-# Reno supplying their engines 'for the good of the sport' too.

Marussia look to be turning up, the engines and ferrari engineers are already there and the cars and equipment are reportedly already in transit which makes things really interesting at the back.

There is $50mil dollars difference in prize money for 9th in the championship so whoever wins it could stay for next season. It could be make or break for anyone investing in either company, there were rumers Caterham would be promoted to 9th even though they have no points because Marussia went into administration. Ferrari might be funding the Marrusia effort for this weekend to get their hands on the money to recoup some of the money they are owed for supplying the engines.

In further speculation, lots of cryptic tweets from Ferrari today are being interpreted that they have actually bought Marussia outright to form a Toro Rosso type team

Last edited:

stevyg

RMS Regular
Its not like Bernie to help someone. :eek:
upload_2014-11-19_10-42-8.jpeg

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Jules Bianchi has been moved from the hospital in Japan to a hospital in Nice.

He is no longer in a coma but remains unconscious.

Jules is now breathing unaided but his condition is still described as 'critical'.

I have thought about Jules many, many times since the crash and the press release from his parents today paints a cautiously optimistic picture. I really hope he pulls through.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
My dad has been saying all season it will come down to the last race and Lewis will have a car issue.

German team
German engines
German management
German world champ.....

He believes in conspiracies lol

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Feel for them, they have done a good job on the budget they have. More points than Sauber this year!

C4L

RMS Regular
I see another one of the wee fellas I raced with has just bought an F1 seat.... Will Stevens announced for the last round with Caterham. They announced it 10 minutes before the FIA deadline it must have been like ebay to get the seat lol

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Yes poor Ferrari swapping an awkward wee C.Hunt for a 4 times world champion with a strong work ethic........what were they thinking!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
If Vettel fails to beat Kimi next year (fair chance of it happening) then he is finished.

Ferrari would be even worse off if they didn't have Alonso dragging them along the past 5 years.

Shaun

RMS Regular
I'm glad Alonso is away from Ferrari now as he deserves so much better. They have fallen way behind in recent years.

Next year will be very interesting.

Still no decision on Button and Magnussen, hard to know who to get rid of there if not both!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
McL is easy, they will keep Magnussen and Button will go to sports cars. Already done, just a matter of choreographing the press releases.

Magnussen + Alonso will be a good pairing I think.

So Kimi is staying at Ferrari? I thought they were swapping him out for some new blood alongside Vettel?

stevyg

RMS Regular
I'm not sure what Ferrari are at.

Vettel & Kimi have both shown that they can't make a sub-par car work to their advantage - not what Ferrari need at the moment.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
In fairness, Kimi did a sterling job with the Renault... But he has genuinely been rubbish in the Ferrari :sob:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.