F1 2015: All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I laughed when nice was catching Lewis before the pit stops and got done to 1sec from 3/4, then Hamilton boots and pulls to 3secs ahead it a few laps before pitting.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
All choreography though, just different phases of "fuel saving" or whatever, they were never actually racing... Managed from the pit wall.

But yes, Lewis is by far the quicker driver of the two, no question.

pablo

RMS Moderator
they were saying Nico was on Lewis's tail the whole race but seemed to me like he was just keeping a 2 sec gap like he has done in other races. Im sure there was a bit of lets just get a 1-2 for the first race but Ive no doubt Nico would have had a go if he could have.

Lewis ruined the arnie interview too (n)

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
What a daft comment I have followed f1 all my life been to many races over 40 in fact. I love f1 my house is a shrine to ferrari. What I hate is what they have done with the rules.
A turbo engine from the 80s or a v10 made every hair on your body stand on end. Then we had the drivers from lauda and hunt to prost and senna, **** even the Schumacher domination. All was better than this.

:grinning:

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Furious Ecclestone ‘fines’ Manor after cars fail to run in Australia
Bernie Ecclestone has in effect fined Manor for its failure to participate in the Australian GP weekend – despite the FIA decreeing that the team had fulfilled its obligations.

While most observers are sympathetic with Manor’s predicament – given the timescale involved – the bottom line is that there has been a battle between Bernie and the FIA over whether the team should be allowed in. The fact that it had entered just before it went into administration was the key.

As explained here on Sunday, Bernie is of the view that the team committed to properly taking part from the start of the season, and he clearly contends that the team knew some time ago that it would not be able to run the cars. Having already paid $10m to the revived team he feels he has been duped.

Indeed, one observer phrased it thus: “They bull****ted Bernie, and you don’t bull**** Bernie…”

It’s understood Bernie was seriously underwhelmed with new owner Stephen Fitzpatrick and team chairman Justin King when he realised what scenario was playing out in Australia.

As noted on Sunday, Bernie had already suggested that a fourth non-participation after the three at the end of last year would be the end of the team.

He has not gone that far – presumably because the FIA Stewards gave the team the benefit of the doubt and that legally they are seen to have participated – but he has ‘fined’ the team by making it pay the freight costs to Australia.

“We should have never ever, ever allowed Manor to do what they’ve done. It’s our fault. I predicted this would happen,” Ecclestone told Reuters.

“They had no intention of racing in Australia. Zero. They couldn’t have raced if someone had gone there with a machine gun and put it to their head. It was impossible. So they had no intention.”

Regarding the freight he said: “They are not competing so they have to pay for that.”

It’s clear that it Manor fails to take to the track in Malaysia, or fails to play by Bernie’s rules in any way, the consequences could be serious…

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
saw this earlier was going to post it. I'm not sure what to take.. I understand we dont have all the details but surely Bernies being a wab here?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Everyone knows exactly what the game is with Manor (y)

Apparently nothing much Bernie can do about it either, even if he, like everyone else, knows exactly what the game is. FIA have given the green light.

I sympathise completely with Bernie on this one. There is absolutely no reason to bring in a team, with no intention to actually race, with no up to date car, and with precious few assets. It is beyond a joke.

Grabbing the popcorn :grinning:

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
I stand by my earlier comment , that is all . . :p

To me , Manor F1 are a
true bunch of racers who have done a great job gettin back
unto the grid and should NOT be judged untill the END of
this season . .

P.S. As for Bernie . .well . .
20100628-bernie-in-coffin-car.jpg

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Cant see where Sauber,s gonna get this from . .

Van der Garde case set to be settled with €15m Sauber payout

The Giedo van der Garde v Sauber case looks set to come to a conclusion in the next couple of days after the parties finalised a settlement.

The bones of the deal were put in place in Australia on Friday, which is why the court action was dropped, and Sauber was able to compete.

It’s understood that the figure involved is €15m, a substantial sum given the obvious financial predicament of the team.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well, it still sounds like less than the extra they got from the other two drivers. But not a great place to be...

Assuming that quoted number is correct obviously, big assumption...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.