F1 2015: All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, they build them well these days :grinning:

Quali as expected. Only slight surprise was seeing RB so close to Ferrari, Ricciardo within a whisker if beating Vettel on the grid. Fingers crossed he can take it to Ferrari in the race. Well, we can always hope, lol, it would be beautiful :grinning:

Almost impossible to pass on this track, so it will be decided at the first corner. Barring some pit eff-up, etc.

Honda/McL does look faster, just terribly fragile still :worried:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Lol, they build them well these days :grinning:

Quali as expected. Only slight surprise was seeing RB so close to Ferrari, Ricciardo within a whisker if beating Vettel on the grid. Fingers crossed he can take it to Ferrari in the race. Well, we can always hope, lol, it would be beautiful :grinning:

Almost impossible to pass on this track, so it will be decided at the first corner. Barring some pit eff-up, etc.

Honda/McL does look faster, just terribly fragile still :worried:
When you consider Senna was the last fatal crash in 1994 before jules crash, the sport is relatively safe now a days.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Brown pants for hulk I'm sure.

Never seen a safety car pull all the cars through the pit lane before

Hamilton fked himself up there

Last edited:

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
Also nice to see mclaren making a little progress from the back of the field.

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
Great race and was entertaining for a change. Nice message there from vettel over the radio

RoniN

RMS Regular
Great to hear the drivers thinking about Jules and his family (y)
Best result for Mclaren too

Cheers

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Listened to it at work on the wireless will watch the highlights. Sounded like a good race but Alan mcnish does my load in :p

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Haven't enjoyed a race as much since...amm...last year for sure. Apparently you can't overtake at Hungary but there's a few boys wold disagree with that. Was bouncing off the seat from the get go, a real shame Kimi couldn't have made it a perfect top six set instead of top five.
A real "karma" race too - Vettel was squeaky clean and Hamilton smashing all round him, people earned their finishing spots today right down the grid.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Great race. It seems Lewis cannot deal with pressure at all these days and seems to panic when things aren't going right. Maybe he is thinking more now than when he won his first title at Brazil.

As an aside, After that race I cannot decide if I should change my opinion of Maldonado from an absolute idiot to an absolute hero. He is what I would be like if I was in F1. Full of enthusiasm, full of commitment but seriously lacking in any mental strength or finesse.

F1 is all about going fast and he got every speeding penalty in the book. At the halfway point in the season, he is halfway to a race ban. He is that much of a liability that the other drivers seem to jump out of the way because they know eventually he will do something daft and end up in the barriers.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I think Lewis was just unfortunate yesterday, his attempted overtake of Rosberg was silly as he would have got him a lap or two later.

Ricciardo caught him off guard at the restart with more grip from his softer tyres, Lewis went looking for grip to defend which wasn't there.

He was quickest when he had clear air as well.

Mercedes may sort out their start procedures, Ferrari seem to have it nailed.

Can't wait for Spa, best track on the calendar I think.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.