F1 2015: All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Sixth pole in a row, 10 from 11 races this season.

Didn't realise this and I watch each race lol quite incredible tbh.

Though to pick a circuit where pole isn't absolutely critical then it's spa for sure. Any of the top 4/5 could be leading after the first lap.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Start will be interesting tomorrow with the new restrictions on the launch procedures.

Mercedes powered cars could fill the top 10 tomorrow.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Start was indeed interesting.

Didn't work out for Rosberg at all.

Also the force indias now have nostrils on their cars

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Poor Vettel, I guess desperation only goes so far in the end after all :innocent:

Nico can thank his lucky star he is in that Merc... Dropped a handful of places at the start, only really made one pass, and still made up all the places at the pit stop from just sheer pace.

Actually ended up fast forwarding through most of the race, sad on such a great track. But hey, another result :grinning:

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I don't know about going as far as saying poor Vettel, he took no ownership for the tyre failure whatsoever, instead clinging to Rosbergs tyre failure as his evidence, despite the fact that there has yet to be a cause decided on Rosberg's!

Vettel's tyre failure was down to fatigue, more laps than anyone had done in practice, he was slipping and sliding round corners on the lap previous to the failure and this was despite the drivers and teams allegedly deciding to be "cautious" after Rosberg's tyre failure!

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Sad news re Justin Wilson this morning , in a coma after getting hit to the side of his head
with a nose cone off another car on an oval in indycar , looks quite serious but thoughts to
family and hoping for a speedy recovery .

stevyg

RMS Regular
Some good scraps at Spa, such a great track! Williams mechanic walking out with the correct tyre, then turning around made me lol
I would have liked to have seen Grosjean take Vettel fair & square (although I don't think he would have been able to) but its about time Vettel got some of Ferraris bad luck.
Another nice & controlled win from Hamilton.
Glad Grosjean got on the podium, well done to him. It was a different story at Spa in 2012 though :party::-#
The start definitely wasn't as dramatic as the commentators hyped it up to be, would have thought every single car would either do a burnout or stall as the lights went out.
RB getting supplied engines by Mercedes lol I highly doubt that. Why didn't RB have a new engine supplier in place before they sent a termination letter to Renault? Imagine not being able to get an engine next year :eek: not an intelligent move.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Most amazing thing about the weekend was the fact it didn't rain during any session !

A matter of when not if Lewis will be crowned champion this year.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Why didn't RB have a new engine supplier in place before they sent a termination letter to Renault?

Sure they have something in mind, just not making it official. Only two options after all. And only really one option if they want to win again. Though I still think both Merc and Ferrari are not giving quite the same performance to their customer cars as they get themselves...

Lotus on the ropes too. Hard to see Renault still making engines next year at this rate, and without an engine they are hardly going to bail out their old team.

And there is surely only so much more Honda and McL can take before they have to call it a day with their experiment. Their run-rate must be spectacular, cash flooding out like Niagara Falls...

I think RB have bigger problems than "just" the engine though. They have lost a lot of key designers, and not just Newey either. I do hope they come back though, the last of the "independents" to really challenge.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
R.I.P Big man . .

1440468416.jpg

Gambit

RMS Regular
@DEEJAY.B just seen that there on BBC news, RIP, seen the actual accident on monday morning and thought although in coma that he'd pull through it as it looked pretty innocuous - bought then brought back memories of the time massa got hit with the valve spring

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
It is true though - most body parts can be replaced or repaired, plenty of options for spares. But we only have one brain, and it is a pretty fragile thing. The smallest bump can have serious consequences. Massa, yes, but also Jules, Schumacher, Senna, and probably more. At least he went peacefully and relatively quickly, not a long drawn-out process in limbo.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Coincidently the FIA has been discussing closed cockpits for evaluation very recently
and are due to test some ideas soon , one of which comes from Mercedes , seems a better
idea than just a canopy so that a driver can be removed when upside down .

f1-fia-to-carry-out-closed-cockpit-tests-2015-fia-to-carry-out-closed-cockpit-tests.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.