F1 2023

stevyg

RMS Regular
He put his foot in it, nothing really to do with the sport but he hurt Liberty Media investors by saying some Suadi investment company offered $20bn for F1 and he said 'it's an over inflated pricetag'. Luckily it only had a minor blip in the share price but the FIA can be sued for damages over that. That's CEO 101; keep that stuff close to the chest.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
And now someone has dug up some old obsolete website of his from 25 years ago, out of some internet archive. With some sexist comment on it.

Probably not career ending on its own. But there seems to be a lot of briefing against him at the moment.

I don't know who would be next if he were to step down? Not that I see him going voluntarily.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
That might not be a bad idea actually 😁 😎

To be honest I think anyone would struggle. The FIA have very little actual say. They're stuck between influential teams and the rights holders. And with the complexity of the current sporting and commercial regulations, whoever is in charge will always be hung, drawn and quartered whatever they try to do.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Screenshot_20230201_191616_Facebook.jpg

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Sure they had Infiniti on the side of the car when running Renault engines as well as Aston Martin when they switched to Honda (before Force India became the AM factory team). I'd be surprised them switching to Ford for engines now they have a dominant car.

Edit - 2026, ah. Ford will co-develop the engine with Redbull. That makes more sense.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Wonder will Ford have learnt to let the team get on with things or will they still be intent on meddling....

Reactions: DC.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Haven't seen anything about Ford "co-developing". Just "financing".

The engine is still designed and built by RB at the new RB engine facility in MK. It's still the Honda engine.

Any notion of it being a "Ford" engine in any real shape looks like marketing words.

Still not a bad thing mind, getting more manufacturers on the grid. It's just not a full factory team like the Andretti/Chevrolet entry would have been.

I'm sure RB will still claim it's a brand new effort from scratch to claim more development credits 😇🤫

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
It’s come full circle.

Ford tried F1 with Jaguar and failed miserably, sold the team to Red Bull and now are back to ride on the coattails of Red Bull’s success.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Still not a bad thing mind, getting more manufacturers on the grid. It's just not a full factory team like the Andretti/Chevrolet entry would have been.
I thought the Andretti/Chevrolet was just a sponsorship deal too, they are planning to buy the Renault/Alpine engine.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ah, ok. My memory isn't so good these days 😅 🤫 And i was Cadillac, not Chevrolet 😇 For some reason I thought they were going in as a full manufacturer team, but apparently not.

Last edited:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Anyone watch any of the launch?

I watched a bit live as I had a half day today. Somewhere between cringe and terrible 😂

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
I think it's just him saying that he is going to keep his fingers out of pies that they shouldn't have been in in the first place.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Yep, I still care. Still hoping that it's a good season. There was some pretty good racing last year once you ignore red bull (things tend to be more enjoyable that way as a rule anyway).

pablo

RMS Moderator
I hope you’re right. I’d love to see a fair fight with a few of the top teams properly going at it.