F1 2024

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Yes, has been for a long time.....unfortunately.

Saying that, the way RB operate he could be out of the car in a handful of races next year.
Yea RB contracts don't mean anything.
Saw a headline yesterday saying that Danny Ric has a clause in his contract that his wages will triple if he gets called up to the main team.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
See there is an FIA investigation just been launched into Toto and Susie Wolff. Seems Toto let slip some confidential info in a Team Managers meeting, info which could only have come from Susie, in her role as F1 Woman Series Director.

All alleged of course.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Allegedly, according to one outlet.

Unsurprisingly the FIA with it's worst president in a long, long time is investigating. Must have run out of photo opportunities to get in.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
So, taking that at face value - F1 know nothing and have no complaints, Mercedes know nothing, and FIA have started an "investigation" based on something from one of the usual silly season click bait sites... Ok then 😅

I guess we will see what comes of it.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
If it is true then it will be so minor that nothing will come from it.
Toto is a smart guy, if it was some proper juicy insider info he wouldn't casually let it slip in front of the other team bosses.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Perez is the RB sacrificial lamb.
They use him to make it look like Max has the X Factor.
I suspect that Max just has something on his car that's right in that Grey area of legalities. If both cars were 25 seconds up the road, it would draw more attention to that. Plus, the RB DNF's would go through the roof if Checo was allowed to compete with his team-mate, as Max would take them both out
Oh, I don't know. Checo has a lot of previous if crashing into his teammates as well as other drivers on the grid. A lot of the incidents with Ocon were not Ocon's fault.

But yep, Max - average, it's just the car has exploited a grey area and Checo paid to be crap to make him look good.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Sprint races announced for next year:

China
Miami
Austria
Austin
Sao Paulo
Qatar

Changing the running order seems a done deal - sprint quali on Friday; sprint followed by race quali on Saturday; and then main race Sunday.

Other changes to sprint format to be discussed in January.

KevM

RMS Regular
Oh, I don't know. Checo has a lot of previous if crashing into his teammates as well as other drivers on the grid. A lot of the incidents with Ocon were not Ocon's fault.

But yep, Max - average, it's just the car has exploited a grey area and Checo paid to be crap to make him look good.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Yeah, he's been over-driving due to the position the team have put him in. Makes perfect sense :laughing:(y)

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
#33 is in an enviable position but all the greats have won races/championships for different teams. For him to be considered a true great he needs to go somewhere & make a team his own.

I think he’s contracted to Red Bull until 2029 so he’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
So, taking that at face value - F1 know nothing and have no complaints, Mercedes know nothing, and FIA have started an "investigation" based on something from one of the usual silly season click bait sites... Ok then 😅

I guess we will see what comes of it.
All of the teams have been very vocal about not having complained.

Interesting that the only one I saw who only made it a story item rather than a post that stays out are RB and AT. I'll pretend to be shocked at that 😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, just saw all teams have issued identical letters:

"We can confirm that we have not made any complaint to the FIA regarding the allegation of information of a confidential nature being passed between an F1 team principal and a member of FOM [F1] staff.

"We are pleased and proud to support F1 Academy and its managing director through our commitment to sponsor an entrant in our liveries from next season."

That's pretty conclusive. Looks like some sort of vendetta by Ben Sulayem, and he jumped on a random click-bait site to go "gotcha" 😅

How he hasn't been fired yet is beyond me. He nearly was earlier this year and then "stepped down from all FIA F1 activities". Except clearly he hasn't done that.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I smell a rat.
Wonder if the other teams are trying to get back at Merc for testing suspected 2024 aero parts at the post Abu Dhabi test session. There is a 10 min segment on YouTube F1 Offical channel (from memory) I watched the other day about it.

They had the car under covers when it wasn't running and being moved about the pit lane.

Reactions: DC.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Surely Ben will be fired now 😅

Though probably not I guess. Firing him would be an FIA matter, and the president is elected by the full membership. There might not actually be a mechanism to fire him?

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
You'd hope so, he is an utter embarrassment to the organisation who should have never been close to presidency.

However, these types of organisations tend to be run by fools who will refuse to admit a mistake such as letting him become president.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think in practice the only way would be if he were "persuaded" to "resign voluntarily". He doesn't appear to be someone to take a hint though 😇