F1 2024

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just saw that too. Sounds like Gene Haas wants more results and less showmanship... No idea if they have the cash to move up the grid.

Technical director Simone Resta also out.

Biggest surprise for me is they have apparently been around for ten years now. Feels like they joined more recently than that!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Toto staying on another three years. I think that says a lot about the commitment from him and Lewis to get another championship. I don't think either of them are done yet.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
In fairness Barcelona was never the most exciting circuit. But yes, street circuits seem to be what the rights owners want. It's turning into Indy racing. Can't wait for the first F1 oval race 😅😇

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Barcelona is good for testing and that’s about it. Willing to give Madrid a chance but my expectations are low.

In a recent survey of 30,000, 85% preferred proper circuits over street circuits yet F1 continues to chase the money that big city streets offer.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
“Oh no the fans aren’t happy at the street circuits”

The FIA
Cash Money GIF by Felly

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
At least Toro Rosso was vaguely subtle about the parent team (not really but a bit classier than this 😂)

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Interesting to see where he pops up next.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Well he is definitely not winning anymore titles now then 🥲

Who will Merc drop in? Lando would be brilliant but McLaren are on the bounce. Will they take Sainz? Or big gamble with Piastri and let us have the Lando Sainz bromance again lol

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
so the Hamilton red bull rumours could have been true that he was ready jump ship but obviously he couldn’t strike a deal with them

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
As a lifelong Ferrari fan I don’t think it will go down to well with too many fans, he’s basically been the enemy since he started 😂

Suprised it happened tbh, he seems to lack the ultimate drive to keep going for the win that the likes of alonso still has. I don’t think f1 is his whole life anymore.

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Suprised it happened tbh, he seems to lack the ultimate drive to keep going for the win that the likes of alonso still has. I don’t think f1 is his whole life anymore.

Don't agree with this. He is a winner and constantly talking about challenging / winning another title.

He finished 3rd in the driver standings last season, the best of everyone bar the Red Bull drivers. All the hype Russell gets and he finished 8th in the same car.

He obviously thinks Mercedes aren't going in the right direction, although Ferrari is a similar gamble.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Nothing concrete yet about it though.

That'll wind up some of the anti Hamilton cretins if true though 😂

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Would love to see him get the 8th this year & go to Ferrari and chase 9.

Ferrari must’ve made him a serious offer though. Exciting times ahead for sure.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
I think he’s without doubt one of the very best, but do you think hamilton without 7 drivers championships would have been pushed around like he was by Verstappen?

I just think he lacks that killer edge, having said that if he’s in the best car and its a fair fight he’d still beat nearly everyone.

Great for the grid though, should mix the top teams up big time.