RMS Regular
The internet is gold sometimes

IMG_2317.jpeg

IMG_2318.jpeg

renman8957

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane RS250
Part of me isn't surprised, wind down his career at Ferrari, not to say he wouldn't be giving it everything he's got. I'm more surprised about the timing, before the 2024 season has even begun, a whole year with a team he's leaving. As for Merc, I'd say it would be Alonso or new blood. Sainz to Audi. We'll see how it all plays out

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Sure kicks of 2024 well, hopefully continues in the same vain 🤞 lot of drivers / teams under P

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Whole thing needed a shake with so many tied to ‘multi-year deals’.

Just didn’t expect an earthquake rather than a shake 😂

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Would have been easy for him to end his career at Mercedes. Must not be happy with their progress behind the scenes.

Fair play for testing himself somewhere different. Ferrari comes with a different level of pressure / crazy fans.

Le Clerc will be sweating, as Lewis won’t be coming to be Nr 2. It’ll be an interesting partnership and fight for Nr 1 and will be a big shift in power, as Le Clerc was getting all the VIP treatment.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Ferrari’s share price jumped 10% ($7B) today 😂

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
he must be getting a good pension from Ferrari, can,t really blame him for one last big money move.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
i wonder how he will deal with the ****ty pit calls

and how they treated vettel when he disobeyed team orders / spoke out off turn

remember the mattia and leclerk picture in the pits after a bad call by the team
Wonder will Bono go with him?

if his engineers go that could be the buffer he needs

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Fred in charge now which is a bit different in fairness.

Mercedes strategy has been poor enough for a good while. I'm not actually convinced it wasn't flattered by a really good car in the past too tbh.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Fred in charge now which is a bit different in fairness.

Mercedes strategy has been poor enough for a good while. I'm not actually convinced it wasn't flattered by a really good car in the past too tbh.

was fred incharge off hamilton in his junior years ??

Gambit

RMS Regular
In a weird way I think it's maybe him thinking he can have a legacy of bringing a team back to the top, similar to Schumacher at Mercedes, end of his era but remembered for starting a new era for a team.

Italian fashion houses will now be creaming themselves

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I can't say I understand it but it certainly makes things interesting.

Then I didn't understand the move to Mercedes either at the time but that worked out well, lol, so what do I know 😅

Surely this is a play for the new rules. New leadership at Ferrari as well, Fred and Lewis go back a very long way.

Next question is who will go with him. When he left McLaren he took pretty much his entire side of the garage with him. That should deal with any strategy issues, etc.

Toto is obviously tied up at Mercedes. He owns the team for starters. He's not going anywhere other than possibly retirement.

It blows 2024 out of the water. Congratulations again RB 😇

Can't see anyone other than Alonso replacing Lewis. That's surely a given.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Good news, one of my favorite drivers joining my favorite team. He probably won’t win a championship but I don’t care. Now to buy everything Ferrari with #44 on it. Get in. Paddock passes for Monza ‘26 here I come.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Step 1: Finish 2024 as "best of the rest" behind RB
Step 2: Beat LeClerk in 2025
Step 3: Start 2026 and new rules as Ferrari #1

Meanwhile, Alonso gets another championship at Mercedes in 2025 on the back of the dev work by Lewis over the last couple of years 😅 😇

The politics in the Merc garage this season should be...interesting...