Lotus Princess Updates - Autolifers Feature post 386

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Still life in the mighty Rover :grinning:

I think I have invented a new exercise regime: car setup. Will have a book and DVD and day-time TV-show soon :grinning:

Did a full toe alignment of all four wheels over the weekend, actually easier than feared, and very happy with the result.

But all that jack up car, wheel off, fight a stubborn bolt or two (happily Viking power won, every time!), wheel on, lower, repeat - hard work for a fat office bloke, lol :p

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
I think Mr Bosch is going to need to come out for my rear toe links. I had a quick look at the least rusted bolt of the 4 and was pushing it so hard the car was going light on the jack that corner.
It's either going to be cut em off and replace or live with whatever random rear toe it has I think :worried:

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Do you know anyone local with a S2 that I could have a nosey round?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Do not know anyone specifically, but there must be a few on RMS. Post in the car chat section and see. S2 are really posh luxo-barges, lol - even interior trim ffs :p

Or get down to the next Trackskills day at Kirkistown, Sunday 19 June, there is usually someone out.

The next club Lotus day is 30 July, there will definitely be tons of Lotii of all shapes and sizes there.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
I think if you buy an S2 Elise because you like how they look, it will last you 2 months if it's your daily driver before you want to get rid of it. As plush as they are compared to S1 and VX, they are still a tough daily drive compared to everything else and standard Rover ones are in no way quick.
I nearly bought the light blue one momentum motorsport have been trying to sell for a while before buying my first VX for the above reasons. Not quick enough to compensate for the compromises even if they do look great. That's not to say they aren't a great car, but you have to accept a lot and have a very good sense of humour in the winter time, and if you are buying on looks, it probably won't be enough hence why these cars tend to have a lot of owners

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
It wouldn't be a daily driver, would be a dry weather car. I really need to get a drive in one before I think about it much more, Autotrader doesn't have a Lotus section and there's only one S1 on UCNI!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I found mine in Autotrader when I bought it... Best bet is England though. Pistonheads also has a few listed.

As a weekend toy they are hard to beat for outright fun down the right road! Just do not think of it as a sporty convertible car, the S2000 is for that. Think of it as a mid-engined kitcar with a windscreen and doors.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Just took another look and Autotrader only shows makes of car in the drop down box that they have within the range you select in the box above.... so when I select national there are some to pick from, just none in NI!

Really keen for a look round one in real life, walked past one a couple of times in London near where my fiance lives and they look fantastic in the flesh but it was parked up and no owner about.

I'm away again on the 19th so can't make it to Kirky. Might line one or two up to view in London when I'm over then!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Another little tweak, Trophy TB instead of the horrible standard plastic thing. No more sticky throttle! Also larger diameter, so should give at least another 500bhp for tomorrow :p

Took about an hour to swap for a turnip, mostly due to one bolt being impossibe to reach. And miraculously it all worked, did a lap of my private test track :grinning:

Old unit:
P1000978.JPG

P1000985.JPG

New unit:
P1000986.JPG

P1000988.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, got a text the other day. Do you have a contact number/email for him? Text it over.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Awesome car. What sort of time does it make round kirki?

Not sure, never time myself. Others have timed me around 1:15 with road tyres and 118bhp. But that is with a turnip behind the wheel, lol :p

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Texted it this morning, but here it is incase. 028 97 519 050 ask for Trever, tell him Colin sent you.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Cheers (y)

Hmm, nothing on the phone from you today. Odd... Anyway, thanks!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Happiness /ˈhapɪnɪs/ [noun]: An empty A712 in Galloway, in a Lotus Elise turned up a couple of notches, at the end of 400+ miles in a day taking in as much cross country as possible over peaks, dales, and hills :grinning:

Me --> :laughing: <-- Me

Princess at the top of Snake Pass in Peak District. Had too much fun to stop for more pictures :p
P1020006.JPG

Adam20vT

RMS Member
Lovely car ! Thought I recognised it, my Girlfriend works in the school on your street - small world!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.