Luton Airport MultiStory Fire

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Collecting Addicts podcast earlier, they said it's 50k excess on insurance policies for RR products, if you are lucky enough to even get insurance.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
There is a lot of hyperbole in this thread based on very little data

Given the nature of what happened and my role in work I cannot comment on specifics but most of what has been posted is not based on fact
Unless JLR products (if it was in fact the cause) send real time data back to the factory, we will not know for a number of weeks the ignition source until the Fire Investigators complete their investigation.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I hope the findings of said Fire Investigation are released in due course.

Surprised if it wasn’t a failure on the RR.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Was it an Amazon Ranger Rover?

Haha brilliant - still at JLR to the end of the month

Agree entirely on the investigation needing to be completed

Speculation on the Powertrain type in the car etc is just that and there is no reason to assume it’s anything to do with which any electrified systems at all at this stage

Also a lot of exaggerations on the insurance front being posted as well - yes it’s increased but talk of 50k is just nonsense

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Everyone loves a good conspiracy (& Gammon & Fried eggs).
Remember when the tin foil hat wearer's were all saying that "burning jet fuel" wouldn't cause the twin towers to collapse, yet here's a partial collapse due to petrol?diesel fuel burning (and ev's) lol :rolleyes:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Haha brilliant - still at JLR to the end of the month

Agree entirely on the investigation needing to be completed

Speculation on the Powertrain type in the car etc is just that and there is no reason to assume it’s anything to do with which any electrified systems at all at this stage

Also a lot of exaggerations on the insurance front being posted as well - yes it’s increased but talk of 50k is just nonsense

How does it come about that the manufacturer gets involved in something like this? When’s it not just put down to an accident and dealt with by insurance?

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
There is a lot of hyperbole in this thread based on very little data

Given the nature of what happened and my role in work I cannot comment on specifics but most of what has been posted is not based on fact
Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story.

I heard factually, that the EV’s had all been parked on the same floor calmly charging, and the hybrid RR was sent in and on a suicide mission by the ICE cars to make sure they got blamed.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I've been quoted 5k excesses but with a 200% increase in premium.
Would love to arrive home to find it has gone on fire already and buy a Landcruiser instead 😂
just renewed in sept for £490 and £300 excess 🤩 next year might be a different story. Maybe only RR and not LR affected

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
just renewed in sept for £490 and £300 excess 🤩 next year might be a different story. Maybe only RR and not LR affected

That's a brilliant price! I had thought it was just the range rover sports were easily stolen, but clearly not.

I've tried everything, "tweaking" the profession, putting it in her name, using my max no claims on it instead of the Yaris, but can't get it below £1200 which I'm struggling to justify.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
That's a brilliant price! I had thought it was just the range rover sports were easily stolen, but clearly not.

I've tried everything, "tweaking" the profession, putting it in her name, using my max no claims on it instead of the Yaris, but can't get it below £1200 which I'm struggling to justify.
London seems to be a different story for defenders. That was my renewal quote, it was £390 last year. I tried shopping around and £800 was the going rate. That’s with mods and 10k

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul

That's double the spontaneously combusting Tesla!

Bryan

RMS Regular
My 2005 Range Rover is £563 this year and £250 excess. That's with Admiral multicar and it is up from last year. Last year with the Range Rover and my wife's Mini it was £800 total, now over £1k with no reason except that "we are in a cost of living crisis and everything is more expensive". That's what the advisor told me when I called to discuss the renewal.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Who you with Rocko? AXA seem to be coming up cheapest for me at the mo at £680 + £500 V Ex

Direct Line. Renewed in March so I'm half expecting a massive jump come 2024. AXA wouldn't even quote me, said 5 years NCD on a group 50 car.