Luton Airport MultiStory Fire

KevM

RMS Regular
You'd almost think that the insurance companies are predicting them to be a bit of a liability or something :eyes:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Direct Line. Renewed in March so I'm half expecting a massive jump come 2024. AXA wouldn't even quote me, said 5 years NCD on a group 50 car.

Gonna do a quick quote now. I've a fair bit of no claims, but a few of the usual places to check don't seem interested - massive massive numbers coming back... 8-(

davyk31

RMS Regular
just renewed in sept for £490 and £300 excess 🤩 next year might be a different story. Maybe only RR and not LR affected
Unfortunately it seems Defenders have taken a jump up too Adam. Mine is due now and was up to over £800 on an Admiral multi car. I changed a couple of times last year but think it was maybe about £550. All the comparison sites are giving prices of well into four figures. Got Admiral down to about £680 so will go with that.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
L405’s seem to be mental but it seems everything is going up at renewal regardless, was the same last year for me. Admiral multicar is the only way to go from what I’ve seen.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Good thread on pistonheads about land rover insurance price increases. Folk moving them on for XC90’s, etc which are much more reasonable to insure. Can’t imagine it’s doing their second hand values much good.

Plus wasn’t LR management in for a meeting recently with UK Gov about theft risk?

Gavlar

RMS Regular
7nxndp~3.jpg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
L405’s seem to be mental but it seems everything is going up at renewal regardless, was the same last year for me. Admiral multicar is the only way to go from what I’ve seen.

It's not 😂 Phoned today as have the Yaris insured with them and extra 1400 quid to add the 405 ffs. They passed me to their new business team to get the quote down and it was 1600!

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
It's not 😂 Phoned today as have the Yaris insured with them and extra 1400 quid to add the 405 ffs. They passed me to their new business team to get the quote down and it was 1600!
Yeah mate your ****ed 😂 5.0 s/c l322 it is 😜

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Fire at Applegreen, Lisburn south bound as I was passing ot 0830

Huge plumes of white smoke, fire engines on scene, foam everywhere - was on the right hand side as you come in, dare I say electric??

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack

Huge plumes of white smoke, fire engines on scene, foam everywhere - was on the right hand side as you come in, dare I say electric??

Saw it myself but don't electrics spark everywhere and take forever to burn out? I pulled into the Applegreen on other side of M1 to get a drink and by time I came out 5 mins later most of the smoke was gone. Figured it was just a typical petrol/diesel car.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Street view was last done in 2022 but I am almost certain there are two chargers in that spot

Attachments

• 1714035305621.png
    1714035305621.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

Was it a white scirocco? Passed me earlier rattling like mad and smoking. Then pulled into apple green knocking like mad as I passed it.

IMG_9139.jpeg

Sorry if it is, EV haters 😂

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
All I saw were plumes of pure white smoke

Only speculated it may have been EV as I was certain there were charges in that area

Last edited: