New Pressure Washer needed

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Probably would but depends on the watts of both the generator and the washer. If the washer power is lower than the generator, then it should run.
Domestic washers typically 1200-2000W.
Very small suitcase generator around 2000up but most would be around 3000W or more.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Thanks guys. I just ended up installing an outside socket off the gates feed there this evening. Argos had outdoor sockets for £13

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Thanks guys. I just ended up installing an outside socket off the gates feed there this evening. Argos had outdoor sockets for £13
Couldnt pull quite enough juice to get the washer going, 85m of cabling, guess it just wasnt heavy enough cable to pull the current needed to start the washer It did start briefly on one go, but then went into 'limp' mode after a few seconds.

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Going to buy this premium patio cleaner.
Assuming this is the one to go for and there is no other 'better' options?

saxo_man

RMS Regular

I bought one, used it briefly, but it didn’t shift the dirt on the concrete so went back to the lance. Might be ok on decking etc, but for me it didn’t work on concrete.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives

For your pad, get a good petrol one!

I’ve a kranzle….still think their ****…..but I have a petrol one for the tuff jobs, if you are thinking of one of those patio cleaning things the only way to go is petrol and one to suit it as the wee lecky ones don’t really cut the mustard for that sort of work.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I see Ego are doing a battery power washer now …
£599

IMG_1129.png

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

Honestly. They’re just alright.

The turbo nozzle whilst messier is more effective.
Oh, and I’ve been told to expect my washers on or before 02/05/24

mikerd4

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4 Avant
Couldnt pull quite enough juice to get the washer going, 85m of cabling, guess it just wasnt heavy enough cable to pull the current needed to start the washer It did start briefly on one go, but then went into 'limp' mode after a few seconds.
85 metres, you would be lucky to run something with low current pull let alone a power washer. The max permissible 13 Amp run if I remember rightly is 50 metres (using a 2.5mm cable) if fed by a rcd. The longest extension lead is 25 metres. That's why most extension leads are 15-20 metres max.

davyk31

RMS Regular
A wee petrol washer has to be the answer. I think of one sometimes for my further away areas

saxo_man

RMS Regular
85 metres, you would be lucky to run something with low current pull let alone a power washer. The max permissible 13 Amp run if I remember rightly is 50 metres (using a 2.5mm cable) if fed by a rcd. The longest extension lead is 25 metres. That's why most extension leads are 15-20 metres max.
Seems to be a good few 50m extension leads for sale (all with RCDs fitted) but reviews aren’t great.

Tried it again and the washer worked ok last night, I think it might have actually been a water feed issue, there was a large air pocket in the middle of the 100m hose on the first night I tried it. It’s an 85m run but it’s a buried cable directly to my consumer unit on an RCBO\RCD. I’m just plugging my washer into an outdoor socket connected to the buried cable.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
What's it for ? K2 wouldn't do snowfoam for example (well it just doesn't do a great job)
I'd a k3.5 that was fine.
I personally don't think the k2 is any use for much

I has a k2 for years, was fine for car washing and round the house (that's all it's for)

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I has a k2 for years, was fine for car washing and round the house (that's all it's for)
Same here, I think you don't realise until you try a bigger one. I used the Karcher Outlet and upgraded to the 3.5 when the k2 keeked itself and the place said they aren't worth fixing. This is years ago. We've a k4 now.

RevT

RMS Regular
My AVA P80 had went 2.5 years without blowing a fuse and now it’s blew three in two weeks. 🤦🏻

Anyone have a link for the best fuses to replace them with?

zafturbo

RMS Regular
My AVA P80 had went 2.5 years without blowing a fuse and now it’s blew three in two weeks. 🤦🏻

Anyone have a link for the best fuses to replace them with?
I had to get the electrician out to sort my outdoor socket I used for my p80 and it hasn’t blown a fuse in like 6 months .its great now not having to start it any certain way just pull trigger and go .