Next Trackskills track day is Sunday 17th August.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Called down briefly and really enjoyed what I viewed. @evo98 and @jagged you two are absolute nutters, the rate you two lap at is incredible, and a lot of broadside moments into the hairpin. @jagged your m3 is superb, it really is an incredible car, the fact it can pace itself along with @evo98 in his bonda is some feat. Very entertaining to watch. Tony your not going to sell the car going that fast, no-one can read the for sale sign in the rear window. The noise out of your two motors is phenomenal.

@svensktoppen wee princess was going really well too, and its sounds great with that honda lump. It seems incredibly well set-up as it just goes round like its on rails.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Great day today! Track was good, especially in the afternoon, and plenty of cars out which is always fun.

Cheers @collyirwin11, the car is great, just the lump of fat behind the wheel holding it back :grinning:

Oh, and the loonysquad were entertaining, as always - should have them on video trying to fit several cars into the hairpin at the same time :innocent:

Last edited:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
View attachment 64695 Just looked out the window, seems Donal has sacrificed another few virgins to get a good day for it again.

Just to go out and check my oil and throw the spare wheels in the car and I'm on my way.

That wee thing goes really well, I had to get out of your way a couple of times.
Good day although mine coughed once on the way down and then wouldnt idle smoothly for the rest of the day. Seemed to go ok under load and at high revs so i just kept her at it. Might not be so great now but i was looking an excuse to pull the engine apart anyway so..:cool:
Pity about the 135 hitting the barrier, i bailed at that point as i thought that would be game over for the rest of the day. :worried:

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Seemed to be a great day, wouldn't have minded getting down to this. Would have been but have O2 to blame for lack of signal so missed @jagged text about going to it :p

scooby1929

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx
Does anyone have millers 5w40 fully synthetic they could bring along tomorrow or know where I can get some early?

I changed the oil & filter tonite for the first time because I just got the car and it took the a full 5litre drum and its just above the low mark, can't believe it.

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Who was in the wee Puma? Was going much better than it should have done :grinning:

And that Ferrari was wicked, arrived literally out of nowhere in the rear view mirror, lol - and that was the small one of his cars :cool: Mr Shields is a very lucky man (y)

scooby1929

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx
Lesson learn today never do a track day with poor tyres had a bit of a hairy moment and lost my confidence. It will be be back to my mx5 kit car from now on much much prefer it. A light weight car with good suspension and brakes for down there and half the battles one.

Those 2 bmw were serious I was sweating just watching them.
Felt very sorry for the young lad who damaged his nearly new car. I got even slower when I saw that

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Called down briefly and really enjoyed what I viewed. @evo98 and @jagged you two are absolute nutters, the rate you two lap at is incredible, and a lot of broadside moments into the hairpin. @jagged your m3 is superb, it really is an incredible car, the fact it can pace itself along with @evo98 in his bonda is some feat. Very entertaining to watch. Tony your not going to sell the car going that fast, no-one can read the for sale sign in the rear window. The noise out of your two motors is phenomenal.

@svensktoppen wee princess was going really well too, and its sounds great with that honda lump. It seems incredibly well set-up as it just goes round like its on rails.

What can I say :grinning: im back in love with my car again xoxoxox... What a day was had. I should have a load of videos of me an jagged having the craic. Good to see the marshalls letting us at it too, alou we did not break any rules I don't think anyhow. We were however very close a good few times :grinning:

I will have a look at my videos now an get them up as soon as possible. Also felt bad about that car getting wrecked :worried: my mate captured it happen on video

scooby1929

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx
The rx8 looked great with the flames coming out the exhaust.

There was a wee fiesta out goin much better than it should off. The guy regularly had it on 2 wheels.
I was a wee bit disappointed with the noise from the ferrari thought it would of sounded a lot better

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
It was great to get back to the good old days with all the familiar faces and crack!

As mentioned, the 2 BM's were the most impressive for what they are in my eyes and the ones to catch! Everyone had fun regardless of how quick their cars were which is what its all about (y)

I made a few handling changes before today and it was making my car extremely lively at the back which spun me around twice on the brakes but I was lucky enough not to hit anything. I played with the damping which helped but I will hopefully get it 100% sorted for next month

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Yep ive a great video.. Jagged lost it a wee bit at the hairpin an im not joking im about 2 inchs from hitting his bumper :grinning: Great craic

Im sure im down into the 63 seconds now :grinning:

elmo7

RMS Regular
Flames = win! Yeah the Ferrari sounded better at idle than full tilt but still epic...

Marc

RMS Moderator
That wee thing goes really well, I had to get out of your way a couple of times.
Good day although mine coughed once on the way down and then wouldnt idle smoothly for the rest of the day. Seemed to go ok under load and at high revs so i just kept her at it. Might not be so great now but i was looking an excuse to pull the engine apart anyway so..:cool:
Pity about the 135 hitting the barrier, i bailed at that point as i thought that would be game over for the rest of the day. :worried:

Cheers mate, what were you driving? I though the Clio was running really well today, had a blast.

The 2 beemers were going some lick, both really good pilots!

elmo7

RMS Regular
The Ferrari is heavily silenced as it competes in England and there's a lower noise limit at most of the circuits, if it had straight pipes you'd hear it from newtownards lol

Yeah guessed that alright. Silient weapon

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Great to see such a big turnout , the 458 is a beautiful machine , sounded fine to me . Pity to see a nice car damaged' not nice' , those m135i's are quick .The puma is as quick as anything in the corners and not slow on the strait either, fair play to the pilot . The Bonda was even friskier than usual today , I tried to calm him ! but it wasn't working so if you can't beat them !!!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Cheers mate, what were you driving? I though the Clio was running really well today, had a blast.

The 2 beemers were going some lick, both really good pilots!

I was in the silver alfa 155

Was great to see kit such as the Ferrari out there, absoloutely epic! Had to keep my eyes on the mirror as it just seemed to 'appear' behind me so i hope i didnt hold him up too much.
The bm's were having a ball and was good to see. All in all great craic.

Last edited:

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Yep ive a great video.. Jagged lost it a wee bit at the hairpin an im not joking im about 2 inchs from hitting his bumper :grinning: Great craic

Im sure im down into the 63 seconds now :grinning:

Think that was the session I was watching, just before 5pm. Both carrying a bit too much into the hairpin, @jagged was broadside and it looked like you where going to hit each other. Was good to watch though. Also some serious "drafting" down the straights by you two, literally must be 10feet in it and less at points and the speeds you both carry would scare the sh1t out of any passenger.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
It was great to get back to the good old days with all the familiar faces and crack!

As mentioned, the 2 BM's were the most impressive for what they are in my eyes and the ones to catch! Everyone had fun regardless of how quick their cars were which is what its all about (y)

I made a few handling changes before today and it was making my car extremely lively at the back which spun me around twice on the brakes but I was lucky enough not to hit anything. I played with the damping which helped but I will hopefully get it 100% sorted for next month

Was it you who lost the back end going into the hairpin? Bloody close to the bank but right back on it fair play. We were behind you and I was waiting for the bump which thankfully didn't happen. (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.