Next Trackskills track day is Sunday 17th August.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Curtiz

RMS Regular
I called down and was surprised how nice the weather was compared to when I left the house. Couldn't believe the 458 when I saw it, outstanding car! Best track day I've been to yet, big turnout and plenty of action. Had a great day

Didn't see the 135 hit thankfully but real shame! When I arrived he was really going well. Looked rapid in the straights

Reactions: V8

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Was it you who lost the back end going into the hairpin? Bloody close to the bank but right back on it fair play. We were behind you and I was waiting for the bump which thankfully didn't happen. (y)

Yes that was me, brown trouser moment and it seemed to happen in slow motion! The back end broke completely loose braking in a straight line from about 115mph and did a 180 so there was nothing I could do but hold on. The car was like driving on 50p's after with the flat spots...I'm sure there was a good cloud of rubber!

I managed to get a bit more confidence back with the car later in the afternoon with a few changes

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Huuuuuuuge cloud of rubber dust and sh1te lol. I slowed way down as I thought you were a cert to touch the bank but by the time we got to the hairpin, you were already turning round and straight back on it and out past us on the straight. Lacking confidence my ar5e. :eek::p

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
IMG_1378_zpsf1b87ccb.jpg

Desi - "Have you ever had her through the tunnel in Dublin, Phil? Speaking as an 'expert', you really should try it! Best €36 I ever spent!".

Ask Desi at the next track day if you would like an explanation.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I bring a set of pads, 2 wheels and a halfords tool kit and hope for the best haha
Same here, spare set of pads, enough tools to change a set of pads and deal with other normal things, some oil and some cable ties. All goes against the barriers along with the spare wheel etc when I'm out. (Need every advantage I can get...)

RoniN

RMS Regular
Here we go lads :grinning: Don't think I could get much closer at them speeds an so close to contact at about 7.50 I think or 8.50 :grinning:

Defo one of my best if not the best day yet :grinning:

Great to watch (y)
;) I'd of black flagged you for exceeding track limits at the hairpin :p

Cheers

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
. Also some serious "drafting" down the straights by you two, literally must be 10feet in it and less at points and the speeds you both carry would scare the sh1t out of any passenger.

Yea , bad enough towing the yellow m3 all the way to kirkistown . without having to tow the' bonda ' up and down the straits on track loll

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
What you on about lol. Looked like you were getting pushed round from where i was sitting :grinning:

That'll be at the hairpin 7mins 50 into the vid then ! very enjoyable and thanks to all the marshalls and trackskills crew it was a busy day and they did a fine job, hope they enjoyed it to.

**mugen**

RMS Regular
Drives
Big 9'er
Looked an awesome day.... What's the crack way the yellow m3, much done to it? Seems to go/handle very well. Nice bit of action between it and the Bonda.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Looked an awesome day.... What's the crack way the yellow m3, much done to it? Seems to go/handle very well. Nice bit of action between it and the Bonda.
I was speaking to the 2 owners of the M3 ( think its father and son ) and its pretty standard apart from a little stripped out and some slicks and properly setup suspension. It goes bloody well.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I was speaking to the 2 owners of the M3 ( think its father and son ) and its pretty standard apart from a little stripped out and some slicks and properly setup suspension. It goes bloody well.

@jagged owns it, myself and other brother are lucky enough to get to drive it. Pretty much what you've said - gaz coilovers, milltek decat with scorpion back box, e39 m5 dif, standard brakes bluestuff pads, standard engine, fan delete, aircon delete etc, interior stripped cobra seat. Home made strut braces probably few other bits n pieces.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.