Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Finally I got a car I could only dream about as a kid. Looked into importing, traveling to the south, going across the pond... but whatever way I done it, I new I needed to have an R33.
I had a few temptations of other cars along the way thinking it was going to be impossible. Until @Jonny1992 sent me the advert for this beast that he had found on facebook. After a load of texts, phone calls & lots of photos later, I decided it was worth a road trip to Scotland to pick her up. It was the best 115 miles home I've ever driven.

It's a big one for me, my 1st RWD & my 1st Turbo.

Not huge spec & nothing really notable besides GTR front bumper, roof spoiler, huge exhaust & racing wheel. It's a solid car, sounds incredible & spits flames like a dragon. A few niggles, but for a 1996 car it's to be expected. So I'll be spending the next month getting her ready for the road before I unleash that beast. Can't wait to get her out and roaring again!

Anyway, here she is. Maybe not the cleanest looking, but I've plenty of time ahead of me to make her my own & clean her up.

A few pics in Scotland.
DSCF1129.JPG
DSCF1131.JPG
DSCF1132.JPG
DSCF1140.JPG

Clearly a happy chap!

DSCF1149.JPG

IMG-20150309-WA004.jpg

My 1st tank of super!

IMG-20150309-WA003.jpg

Back home :grinning:

DSCF1162.JPG
DSCF1167.JPG

My 2 Jap beasts!

DSCF1165.JPG

She's far from perfect but I'm in love with it. .. Plans just to get her running perfectly with all niggles sorted, clean her up a little & enjoy it for at least a year before any mods (famous last words).

All Comments & Criticisms welcome! Also welcome all the advice and tips I can get along with part suggestions & things to improve the performance.

Cheers!

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
Drives
too much
you already know what i think lol but can vouch for the flame :p i got a few out of it hehehe

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Very nice. I hope you enjoy it and I am glad you finally have something you have wanted for a long time. Get it well secured and I look forward to the progress.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Good for you @TheDaniel very well done. Nothing beats the feeling of finally achieving the goal of getting a car you've lusted after for a long time.
As you say you love it warts an all.
Health to drive buddy :grinning:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
Cheers fellas! Quite glad to get it by 23. Thought I'd be a fair bit older before getting anything like this!

Forgot to mention, it's also my 1st import! She was imported from Japan in 2006. All the Japanese hand manuals & import documents are a nice wee bonus to get with the car! .. Love all the Japanese writing under the bonnet too! Is it weird I'm very amused by all these little things? :p

Not a lot to look at under there, but it got me going none the less!
IMG-20150306-WA005.jpg

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Good job. I love them. Had 3 r33's and my 34

Get on skylineowners.com

They go well at .85 bar with a full exhaust turbo back and a walbro etc. That's all a stock turbo can take boost ways. See Gav at gsportcars on here for a map

It's at 1.2 bar on a steel internals hybrid. Some injectors (sti or p1 injectors are direct fit and fine for 450 horse) and proper map is when it gets fun.

If your even remotely interested in hanging the tail off. Then put a 2way in it

Last edited:

conorc

RMS Regular
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
Fantastic looking, got to love a nice skyline. Ive been looking at r34's to replace the gtir soon. As said before, get it well secured... I've a disklock in my house in belfast you're welcome to for small money, its sat there doing nothing!
Good luck with it, ill be keeping an eye on the progress.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Good on you Daniel. Glad to see and hear you have got yourself something you are very pleased with. Will look forward to seeing it at some stage. Looks to be in decent enough condition for the age. HTE

corsacj

RMS Regular
Brilliant mate, always nice to achieve an ownership goal :grinning:

Really want a tidy 33 myself, insurance is my main killer lol

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Good man! Great to see you didn't let your previous worries stop you owning something you really wanted.

Have always wanted a liner myself. Gtr bumper looks good (y)

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Damn you, I really want one of these. Know where there's one sitting slowly rusting away but cant get the owner talked into selling.

Stunning car, Looks like a real clean one.
Health to drive (y)

How comes there is no crossroads pics ;)

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Very nice. Unusual colour, I always see them in white. I'm sure that was a fun drive home though.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Very nice! Get a disklock and decent alarm asap if you don't already, infact don't even mention about its current security if its lacking you never know who reads these.

Health to drive (y)

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Nice one Daniel. (y)

Think everyone loves a liner. Though I'd agree with @Gavlar Make sure she's secure. Would hate to see some toe-rag try and steal your new baby.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.