Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Full stage 1 @SMURF1 plus Walbro pump

Flatspot is there when running .86 and .66,I cant notice it when running 0.57 but id imagine its still there just not as noticable,only started when I fitted an electronic boost controller and turned the boost up.

Bells suggested it was due to running a fmic and not having a map, but alot of people seem to be able to run these mods fine without problems

As soon as it gets past 6k or so it boosts perfectly again and pulls hard to the limiter

Last edited:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Ran intercoolers on a few of mine with full exhaust. Walbro and more boost fine on stock ecu. They end up running rich but safe usually.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Unfortunately Nistune isn't available for the R33 gtst. At least not yet anyway. They are a difficult ecu to modify. I do have a few solutions for tuning them though;)

Z32 ECU and a Nistune board not work?

I'd be looking for a stock bumper and s nice splitter. Kitted 33's always look terrible. They don't need much other than a set of wheels and nice drop to look awesome...

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
That's the way to usually go. Mb automotive or protuner will set you up a solution with a base map loaded

Rsp are the only company in uk to have cracked mapping the stock ecu.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
That's the way to usually go. Mb automotive or protuner will set you up a solution with a base map loaded

Rsp are the only company in uk to have cracked mapping the stock ecu.

Stiv set up my brothers RBS14a with a T3/T4 and a few other bits, and it pulled like a train. He done a fantastic job of it. Well worth a run to the South IMO.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Ye he also offered a solution to me years ago. Good call. Don't think it was as straight forward as nistune on z32. Think he wanted to add another module to control the vvt or something. Was long time ago

Daniel

RMS Regular
OP
Daniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
She's already fairly secure with some gizmos etc. & will also have the snap off wheel & whatever else I can do.

As for looks, it's last on my list really. I love how it looks generally.. bumpers, skirts, spoilers, colour.. all that is perfect to me. If & when I get around to it, all I'll do is clean it up, respray some bits that are rough. Want to change the wheels at some point though.

All I really want is for it to be running good & to drive everywhere with a huge grin with the noise & feel of driving such a legendary car.

so much for the yaris lol. been lookin into somethin along the lines of one of these or a chaser/laurel/supra

haha don't know what you're talking about mate, its basically the exact same as a yaris! :p .. Hell yeah mate, definitely. Go for it! They're all awesome but I still love Supras more than anything, so if you get one of those I'll swap you go for go :p

Not a fan of the led tail lights but :worried:

Fu@k i love skylines

Don't like them myself, especially since some of them are out :/

Looks great in that colour, health to drive. Bet the drive home was entertaining stuff.

Cheers, yeah love the colour myself. Never had such a fun drive in my life! Scary stuff driving it home when I got off the boat as I was exhausted and struggling to stay awake. Skyline gives you a good wake up though! (y)

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
If I was buying another one I'd be doing coilovers, hicas delete, good lsd, axle bushes, good brakes and a fairly mild stage one engine tune including clutch. Keep it simple and relatively cheap!

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
haha don't know what you're talking about mate, its basically the exact same as a yaris! :p .. Hell yeah mate, definitely. Go for it! They're all awesome but I still love Supras more than anything, so if you get one of those I'll swap you go for go :p
no interest a go for go with my ibiza

gsportcars

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus ISupra
Z32 ECU and a Nistune board not work?

I'd be looking for a stock bumper and s nice splitter. Kitted 33's always look terrible. They don't need much other than a set of wheels and nice drop to look awesome...

Yeah z32 will work with Nistune. Needs a few pins on the ecu changed over too.
RSP are basically no longer in business. Anyone I've seen lately hasn't been able to get hold of them. They traded under a different name for a while then dissappeared.

The nistune on z32 is one option but by the time the ecu is paid for and the board got and fitted etc it could be as good an idea to go for a standalone. More features offered, modern ecu technology, no need for MAF, ecu controlled boost etc etc.

I started a group buy with a very good deal in the Gsport Cars forum section;)

mousey

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline R33 GTST
Yeah z32 will work with Nistune. Needs a few pins on the ecu changed over too.
RSP are basically no longer in business. Anyone I've seen lately hasn't been able to get hold of them. They traded under a different name for a while then dissappeared.

The nistune on z32 is one option but by the time the ecu is paid for and the board got and fitted etc it could be as good an idea to go for a standalone. More features offered, modern ecu technology, no need for MAF, ecu controlled boost etc etc.

I started a group buy with a very good deal in the Gsport Cars forum section;)

RSP have changed names 3 times now, but are now called dyno tuner and are still in business

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I'd try avoid anything to do with Richard there. Couldn organise a pee up in a brewery.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
I'd try avoid anything to do with Richard there. Couldn organise a pee up in a brewery.
A few have said that but anything i have ever got off him or any dealings he was more than helpful to me. Went out of his way to sort few things for me

Daniel

RMS Regular
OP
Daniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
As said, keep it secure, there still going walkies
http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/cars-for-sale/nissan-skyline/8899479?offset=5

And i have heard of ones being lifted from peoples land with a trailer/transporter

Great, the thing putting me off buying it in the 1st place was the thought of theft, now I'm going to have nightmares about people towing it away in the night. :scream:

I've done what I can for now to prevent theft & still taking further measures. I really don't know what else I can do at this stage besides hire a sniper and/or a guard lion. lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.