Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
looks great, no better feeling or excitement than owning one of your all time favorites! i'm sure you will treat it well.

Engine bay looks clean for 19 years, looks like someone has been looking after this one :grinning:

davey21

RMS Regular
Nice to see someone younger not aspire to own a 2010 diesel something for driving to work...

Very nice I remember the feel driving my impreza home when I got it, face was sore smiling lol
get security in place your happy with and good service for peace of mind and enjoy

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Nice one (y), must be one of the last Spec 1's?
As said already, nothing better than picking up a car you've always wanted! I remember picking mine up back in 2006 after waiting 2 months for it to arrive from Japan, best feeling ever! I had a Nismo 2 way LSD in my first one, certainly made it more fun lol

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Great to see you getting the car of your dreams buddy... looks a nice tidy example, in a rare colour... (y) enjoy!

mousey

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline R33 GTST
looks good, engine bay looks clean and unmolested, good place to start, if you have any Q's about it give me a shout and i might be able to help.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Looks good mate!

Must get a thread up on my own.

You only think itll be a year before you start modding lol,@gsportcars mentioned a nistune group buy,get your name down for that ;)

There definately isnt much more fun that can be had for the money! Keep the thread posted with updates

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
That looks great! I had an R33 GTS-T a few years ago myself, they sound like nothing else on the road, such a noise.

As said nothing beats the feeling of your first drive in a car you've always wanted, I remember my first drive in a RWD turbo car, I literally couldn't stop laughing the whole way home!

Daniel

RMS Regular
OP
Daniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
Cheers everyone. She's fairly secure but I'm still working on it, bought a quick release for the wheel last night & the wheel will be hanging over my bed lol

Glad you see you got the car you had been after.
What are the plans?

Plans are just to get her running spot on & fix all stupid things, bulbs & a few other niggles. Then enjoy it for a year maybe before I start doing some serious stuff. No idea where to start just yet, but lots of time to think. She's not going anywhere, don't plan on getting rid until I need to!

A 1996 spec 1 is very rare. What interior is in yours ?

The interior is one thing I never got pictures of! I'll see if I can get one up sometime soon as she's hidden away & don't get much time to visit :p

Don't drive it like a bellend, you will crash it.

Source: Crashed mine.

Also, Rota GTRs in the classifieds ;)

Lol! I like to think I'm somewhat sensible, but will enjoy the car. .. Wheels! Something it could do with badly. Funds are probably too low for that right now. Function before form atm.

That looks great! I had an R33 GTS-T a few years ago myself, they sound like nothing else on the road, such a noise.

As said nothing beats the feeling of your first drive in a car you've always wanted, I remember my first drive in a RWD turbo car, I literally couldn't stop laughing the whole way home!

The noise is unbelievable! I did the exact same thing lol. Then stopped to go into sainsburys & couldn't get the grin off my face the whole time dandering round lol

Daniel

RMS Regular
OP
Daniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
FTAO anyone who knows a bit about these beasts.

One problem I'm having with her is she judders when she gets to around 4500-5000 rpm. Seems down power a bit, but not 100% of the time. MAF sensor, coilpack & spark plugs have been replace but still no fix. Some suggestions have been either need a better fuel pump, sensor in the fuel rail, boost leak, or something to do with the crappy aftermarked secondary boost gauge (wtf?!) stuck on the dash (which will be removed anyway.) etc.

It's one thing I want done before she hits the road. The rest are simple enough fixes. It seems to be just all guesswork atm, but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on what it could be, please let me know!

Cheers (y)

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne

One problem I'm having with her is she judders when she gets to around 4500-5000 rpm. Seems down power a bit, but not 100% of the time. MAF sensor, coilpack & spark plugs have been replace but still no fix. Some suggestions have been either need a better fuel pump, sensor in the fuel rail, boost leak, or something to do with the crappy aftermarked secondary boost gauge (wtf?!) stuck on the dash (which will be removed anyway.) etc.

It's one thing I want done before she hits the road. The rest are simple enough fixes. It seems to be just all guesswork atm, but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on what it could be, please let me know!

Cheers (y)

You need to speak to Richard Bradley.

mousey

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline R33 GTST
This can just but plugs,or most likely a coil pack shorting to ground via the coil pack holders, or I fault coil pack, all of which can be fixed.

slimra

RMS Regular
Drives
1996 wrx
Gorgeous car mate,really want one myself! Colour is lovely too,different than the usual white ya see them in! :grinning:

johnm

RMS Regular
Can vouch for bradley or @Nicky knows his ways around these pretty well.

If there's an after market gauge thats put on badly it would probably give a slight leak but it would be constant.
Does it have a standard ecu in it? Check it. I thought mine did until Richard told me it had an impul one in it as he imported it lol.

Awesome cars, still miss mine. Health to drive mate. I actually still have rear spats for a 33 too, also is that not a 400r type front bumper as opposed to GT-r?

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
RWD Turbo jap cars are hard to best for putting a smile on your face. Health to drive.

Ill reiterate what others have said. Its a RWD turbo import so its a magnet for lowlife, get it secured ASAP. If its sitting up at the minute, pull a few bits off it.

EP82JM

RMS Regular

Cheers (y)

As peadar said Richard Bradley is now your best friend lol.

Are you sure its had coilpacks as they breakdown from memory between 4.5-6k if theyre doing it. I have 12 spares lying here if you want to try them.

If you dont want to be torturing Bradley then @SMURF1 and @Eager know a good bit about these as im sure a few others do on here.

Also get an alarm/immobiliser as soon as possible,you wont sleep well until you do lol

gsportcars

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus ISupra
Looks good mate!

Must get a thread up on my own.

You only think itll be a year before you start modding lol,@gsportcars mentioned a nistune group buy,get your name down for that ;)

There definately isnt much more fun that can be had for the money! Keep the thread posted with updates

Unfortunately Nistune isn't available for the R33 gtst. At least not yet anyway. They are a difficult ecu to modify. I do have a few solutions for tuning them though;)

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Front bumper is GTR style with nismo front vents on it. It has 400r skirts but. Skylineowners car ??
Looks good solid shell, love it mate.
Not a fan of the led tail lights but :worried:

Fu@k i love skylines

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
As said could be the fuel pump, if it hasn't got an aftermarket one I'd be putting one in, and also change the fuel filter I've seen the blocked solid and starving the car. Also what part of the country are you in, makes it easier to recomend someone for you.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
http://www.gumtree.com/p/other-car-...ine-gtst-rsp-stage-1-upgraded-ecu-/1103510362

Could be worth a punt. There about 250 new. And not many other options for tuning that side of 500 quid.

I tried to buy that,won't post unless it's paid for via PayPal gift or bank transfer,even if I cover the PayPal fees,he can suck ****.

I reread your problem and it sounds like the problem I'm having,from 4.5 to 6.5 roughly I have a massive flat spot ever since I turned the boost up,been told it's due to needing a map although countless others seem to be fine without a map,but since your fairly standard that would rule that out lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.