pattons hydro 8j tt

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
It's all to do with compression ratings - I've been in a tonne of cars that are more comfortable on bags / hydro than they've been on coilovers cos they've been able to run low without them being too stiff. We actually took the air out of a friends Passat and replaced it with standard springs and struts from a Golf GTI and it was ridiculously uncomfy because the spring ratings were completely off for the car.

PhilM

RMS Regular
it looks like you could destroy half the car going down a decent back road.

And the 'it's better than something completely horrendous' doesn't sound like a great argument!?

I'm out - each to their own etc

A for effort though.

Phil

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
I have never been in a car with hydro's/bag/air before, how to they handle? I assume you couldn't go for a hard B road blast with any confidence!

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
Depends on the setup. My 4-way Airlift Performance kit drives just as well as it did of the KW coilovers I had in it previously. I have no issues with confidence and I've driven that car hard on backroads and at high speeds

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
People that like bags/hydros can speak until blue in the face about how good they are. The majority of car men that have never had them will never believe a word you say......... until they get a passenger ride in one.

patton

RMS Regular
OP
patton
Drives
6n2 gti
Small update. Had a sticking rear calliper for a while now so finally got round to getting it fixed.

Also got started the false floor for the boot. Just made a wooden frame first then used the boot carpet as a template cut it out and then measured the spring box and pump and got it cut out. I just can't decide what to wrap it in now. Do I try and get a carpet that matches or do I ignore it and wrap it in something different??? Opinions welcome

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Good work Patton. I always liked the look of carpet that matches. What other coverings did you have in mind?

patton

RMS Regular
OP
patton
Drives
6n2 gti
Yea that's my initial thought but there's nothing worse than a bad match. Alcantara or something but I'd prob do the sides as well so it matches

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
left the car in on monday to PMG Autocare for a paint enhancement detail to get the cars paint into shape as 8 years of dealer and euro car washes have left the paint in a very sorry state, can't wait to see the finished product, quick pic i took when i was leaving the car off on monday.

Gloss black front grill would look pretty sweet!

patton

RMS Regular
OP
patton
Drives
6n2 gti
Great minds must think alike lol. I really wanna get a tts front bumper and the rs skirts which have a more square edge and would give the side a mode defined look

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
getimage.php

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.