pattons hydro 8j tt

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
good work and the TTS bumper sits nice and low I was parked beside a 2011 Sline with similar bumper on sunday and his bumper was about the same of the ground as mine and he has standard suspension lol

patton

RMS Regular
OP
patton
Drives
6n2 gti
good work and the TTS bumper sits nice and low I was parked beside a 2011 Sline with similar bumper on sunday and his bumper was about the same of the ground as mine and he has standard suspension lol

awesome thats what i like to hear, ahh sure your is near standard height anyway :p jks
Finally :p Good work bud! Now get it on!

painted the splitter at the weekend there but needs a bit longer to harden then it will be sorted. probably won't be going on until February or so as id like to get the wheels sold and have new ones by then and do it all in one go

patton

RMS Regular
OP
patton
Drives
6n2 gti
so finally got the tmb's sold last week and put some of the money towards something that I've wanted for a long time :p
bought them off kyle jackson on saturday and went home and made myself up some carriers to get a template for someone to make me a proper set, turned out well and was able to get a good fit on the disk. i will check again once i get pads to make sure they are 100% square.

porsche panamera 6 pots with 390mm audi rs6 wave disks.

really pleased with how i got them to fit up just need to do a bit more work on them

pedenjohn

RMS Regular
I've a question for you... Are these pictures without pads? Or are the pads inside of the calipers, just to gauge if that's the finished article or not? Reason I say this is, if the pads are in place, they would only grip the outer portion of the disc, which. After a few weeks... Is going to leave the disc looking odd. It's almost like the disc is too large a diameter for the caliper. But then I don't know the exact setup..... You could be bang on, but your mock up idea is good, rather than something you've designed on the computer and find it doesn't work in real life!

Edit: I'm an idiot, I've only read you haven't got the pads yet....

patton

RMS Regular
OP
patton
Drives
6n2 gti
I've a question for you... Are these pictures without pads? Or are the pads inside of the calipers, just to gauge if that's the finished article or not? Reason I say this is, if the pads are in place, they would only grip the outer portion of the disc, which. After a few weeks... Is going to leave the disc looking odd. It's almost like the disc is too large a diameter for the caliper. But then I don't know the exact setup..... You could be bang on, but your mock up idea is good, rather than something you've designed on the computer and find it doesn't work in real life!

Edit: I'm an idiot, I've only read you haven't got the pads yet....

Haha yea no pads yet. The pad sits further towards the centre of the disk than the calliper does if that makes sense? So the pad protrudes about 10mm towards the inside of the disk which seems to line up with the heat marks on the disk so all being well it should work.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
You going for those wheels I was originally tagged in? Gold ones on Facebook? If so will look epic with the brakes etc.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Yeah that gold they were in was a bit but much!

Lighter gold, or satin silver would be the job.

patton

RMS Regular
OP
patton
Drives
6n2 gti
ill give it a try and see how it turns out. id like the callipers yellow so don't think gold and yellow would look that well together +o(+o(+o(

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
image.jpg

That's the calipers with 390mm non wavy there the same discs we tried the rs6 calipers I have too just to be sure and they sit out like that too, so much wastage on this discs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.