Post your motorbikes :D

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
a few of the old lady. a 98 zx7r.

laserpipe001.jpg

and before i changed the pipe.

rimtapes002.jpg

rob.jpg

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
some class bikes in here loving the older ones, the 2Ts and the more modded ones.

treated myself couple months ago to my first brand new bike in my 9 years of biking.

put a hugger on it and a tail tidy (not pictured but looks waay better) next is full system exhaust, PCV, map etc.

IMAG0406.jpg

IMAG0407.jpg

had this before the Hornet

IMAG0384.jpg

had this before the XT

72717040.jpg

had this before the Z

14032011065.jpg

had lots of other things before that but no pics to hand, bandits, ninja, etc.

also i kinda have a thing for rare or old mopeds

got this rare french piaggio from paris, its a 1997 with 180km on it stored from new and i have 2 tomos bullets (pics when i bought them, being rebuilt now) looking to pick up a puch atm and if anyone has any mopeds for sale dont hesitate to contact me lol

IMAG0361.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Love the z thous, especially in green! One day when insurance comes down...
Heard one once and whatever exhaust system was on it it pretty much sounded like a scooby!
Hornet is nice too! Had some craic on mine.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Clearing out some files on the computer tonight and found these pics!
These were the last photos I took of my Hornet before it was sold. Fitted a slimline MIVV can to the bike about a month before it went as the old blueflame can was blowing out a bit. Personally I thought and still think it is the best looking can on the market for the Hornets and it makes all other cans seem clumsy by comparison.
Bought her with 8k, sold her at 18k and she held up the ten thousand hard miles well. Used her in all weathers, and I mean all, and the only time I came off was on snow :p
Ended up selling due to me using it so much the fun factor had went and truthfully toward the end I found myself and my licence at risk due to the speeds I was using to keep me interested in it.
144re.jpg
145re.jpg

A pic of the Hornet and its replacement, Suzuki DRZ 400 supermoto. Took a while to get used to the weight difference between the 2 bikes with the Hornet weighing approx 60kg more!
Compared with my current KTM, the DRZ was a lot easier and faster to launch off the line, revvier and carried its weight lower, so there wouldn't be much between them on a twisty road! Build quality and feeling of reliability miles ahead of the Austrian as well.
DRZ ended up being sold to a chap from Manchester to make way for the KTM.
146re.jpg

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Hornets lovely! The can is amazing looking on the rearward view. Looks kind of long and "trumpety" on the full side view. My mate is trying to sell me a similar hornet at the min, minus the belly pan and side trim!

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
My mate is trying to sell me a similar hornet at the min, minus the belly pan and side trim!
If I had the space and could afford to insure 2 bikes I would still have mine for the longer trips and keep the motard for fun! Excellent all round bike! Finish is top notch compared to Bandits/SV's. Belly pan on mine was too low and would catch the ground at big lean angles :eek: Had a few close calls at Craigavon roundabouts lol

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Great collection of photos there Fordio :laughing:(y)

That new Hornet is sexual, really love them :heart: Be another couple of years before i think about upgrading anyway :worried:

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
cheers, wish i had a better pic of the firestorm and some of the other bikes i had before it

yeah the hornet is a sweet looking bike, looks way better now ive fitted a tail tidy and small plate, need to get exhaust sorted asap though

you still got that 400 its a nice wee bike

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
Love the z thous, especially in green! One day when insurance comes down...
Heard one once and whatever exhaust system was on it it pretty much sounded like a scooby!
Hornet is nice too! Had some craic on mine.

yeah its a sweet bike, those cans on it are scorpion in the pics. i got it when i was 22 and insured it for 230 tpft iirc, with commuting and pillion cover and protected ncb. i would have had 6 years ncb then.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
yeah the hornet is a sweet looking bike, looks way better now ive fitted a tail tidy and small plate, need to get exhaust sorted asap though

you still got that 400 its a nice wee bike
How do you rate the ride of the Hornet compared to the opthers you've had before? Anything i read online is always positive, but dunno what these people have to compare against :p

Yeah still have the 400, although it hasnt moved in at least 6 months, need to get fork seals done and other few wee bits and just no time/money, but hopefully soon. Must go try and start it here actually lol! :oops:

dross432

RMS Regular
OP
dross432
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
hornets ride quite well im comparing it to cbr600rr, sv1000s, fireblades... bit slower but still a comfy planted bike to ride

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
How do you rate the ride of the Hornet compared to the opthers you've had before? Anything i read online is always positive, but dunno what these people have to compare against :p

Yeah still have the 400, although it hasnt moved in at least 6 months, need to get fork seals done and other few wee bits and just no time/money, but hopefully soon. Must go try and start it here actually lol! :oops:

i love it, its my favourite bike ive had. which is why i was prepared to drop so much money on it after i test rode it lol. when i am sitting on it i feel like it "fits" really well, its just right everything is in the right place etc. i dunno if thats cos its well designed or just happens to be the right bike for me that suits me lol. i love how it handles too, also i think this 2011 on model hornet looks badass. wasnt fussed on the 07-11 ones looks. it doesnt have as much outright bhp as the Z1000 but its still fast enough!

we should get a spin someday and you can check it out

francie

RMS Regular
A few pics i had on my phond of my 05 cbr 600rr. Mainly standard except for a scorpion exhaust, tail tidy, tinted screen and tinted indicators.
Got the test a yr ago and bought this in jan. Must say its been a learning experience for me.
Cbr600rr.jpg
Cbrrr1.jpg
Cbrrr2.jpg

J8MCG

RMS Regular
Any of you going on the christmas toy run next month? Got some soaking / freezing last year at it :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.