Project Impreza - heading for 400

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
stupidity on my part to be fair, it should have been the first thing i checked,

more upsetting when i got it all together and still didnt start, but hey ho such is life (y)

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Long time no update,

Grim spell in work, followed by a few weeks of CV writing job applications and interviews, and getting new job, finally back to it today.

New 30amp SBF fuse , new main relay and new battery and she is up and running, didnt run her for long cause its not plumbed in or anything, but sounded healthy and big relief to know the wiring is ok (y)

Last edited:

davey21

RMS Regular
Glad you got sorted sigh, crap situation I'm sure... now get the finger out with the car lol almost as bad as me

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
lol yes mate, got some time off soon here too , so will charge on with it get it rolling (y)

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Congrats on the new job, good to see the progress on the car.
Not take the opportunity in between jobs to do a bit of farming?

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
we seem to have a herd of late calvers this year, only 2 so far, so likely wont get near the subaru , as soon i get off work they will just start their nonesense ! lol (y)

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Need to raise funds for the project so hoked out all the calipers I have to refurb and get them stripped and blasted and powder coated

2703-1.jpeg

should be getting them back next week

Also got the rad in and sorted a couple of fans (boring pic ) but had to disassemble and reassemble and repin some connectors,

2703-2.jpeg

ran her up to temp and the fans kicked in as expected so all good. have a couple of leaks cuz i had to use a jubilee clip on one hose, so i have some Mikkilor clamps in the post to sort that.

Went to the motor factors few weeks ago to get a new hardline to replace the one i had to cut off the silver car, when i got it home it was about 5 inches short, so i took it back today and asked them to replace it , only 5 inches longer, got home a did a bit of bending (y)

2703-3.jpeg

Put it on the car ...and

2703-7.jpeg

incompetance at its finest (n)

Also got this little bundle in the post

2703-8.jpeg

which turns into this

2703-9.jpeg

which is for this

2703-10.jpeg

2703-11.jpeg

to allow me to fit this (y)(y) :laughing:

2703-12.jpeg

Heading away for our first anniversary this weekend , but will be good progress next week, dare i say it will be rolling ? (if the brake pipes ever get made correctly)
Also have a couple of vids of the engine running, but having a hard time uploading.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
You will be welling up when that eBay special clutch arrives lmao :p

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Screw the sound deadening. Why fight an uphill battle?? The nur specs sound awesome!!

Yes my fav system on the impreza by far, i have a twin dump decat downpipe to go on when @PeteMoore welds the new wideband bung and EGT bungs in for me, then the Nur Spec will go on and ill get another video (y)

Great work Simon (y)
The end must be in sight now?

The end of this stage yes hopefully, want to get it on the road and blast about for summer and get practising my mapping, but will come off the road again in autumn for a total stripdown powdercoat , polybush and a few tasty upgrades. (y)

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
You can practice your mapping on mine too!:p
I just put a downpipe and mid pipe on mine and its made it more economical strangely!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.