R33 GTST SKYLINE - 450+HP BUILD

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Bronze on my last 33

BBg1YGc.jpg

All be it torques.

thats a perfect looking skyline!

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
The old shocks were doing my head in,car got uncomfortable to drive and had started to sag at one side so needed to get new suspension.

So I ordered a set of meisterR coilovers to sort it out.

20150717_180401_zpso1uixnkh.jpg

Old vs new

20150717_202223_zpslaxysvtx.jpg

Don't know how long I can hold out to skyline tax for though lol but that's it probably as far as it will go now visually.

I think it'll come off the road next month for winter and then it's horsepower time!

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
Good to hear! They seem to get the most consistent good reviews over the hsds and bcs so went for them. Fitted them last night so just letting them settle and getting tyres on the rotas then i'll fire some pictures up

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Had the meisters in my 34. Nice setup. Gave no hassle. If your lowering it much do get whatever arms are needed to get the required adjustment. It helps having it well setup.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
@Eager any idea on the colour code of those rotas or are they just the original bronze paint? Getting mine done back to bronze as they look **** in grey lol

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
Couple more bits arrived this week for it.

Hks bov bought from @SMURF1. The sound suits the skyline perfectly.
20150807_190842_zpsrl8f6xji.jpg

And bought a set of recaros to smarten the interior up a bit. (Internet pic as mine need cleaned first)

recaroEvo8_zpshwxudnwp.jpg

Think it will be coming off the road in around 2 weeks for the winter.

Once it's off the road the 450+hp chase begins.

Things I'll be doing over the winter are

Gearbox rebuilt due to it crunching at high rpm going into 5th gear
New turbo set up,between a holset hy35 top mount or just a hybrid pushing 450 max.
Alloy rad
Change of alloys
Front facing inlet mani
Bigger injectors
Mapped by Bradley

Then anything else that creeps up

It's going to be a costly few months!

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
I got my 33 alloy rad from japspeed for £100 delivered. Fitted like a glove too.
Be careful with alloy rads as some you cant fit your fan shroud again.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Like your plans.

Meisters should be a good job, I've been very impressed with the ones fitted to my civic.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
Yea spotted the japspeed ones,probably buy one this week from them as it seems a bargain!

Love the meisters @EF Ian very very comfortable for the height I've went for and I've just set them to the standard hard/soft settings.

Haven't a clue @SMURF1 lol,they screw off to a flat base I think which should make it handier but I haven't even looked to see yet. If it's a nightmare I'll just let someone else worry about it

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Couple more bits arrived this week for it.

Hks bov bought from @SMURF1. The sound suits the skyline perfectly.
20150807_190842_zpsrl8f6xji.jpg

And bought a set of recaros to smarten the interior up a bit. (Internet pic as mine need cleaned first)

recaroEvo8_zpshwxudnwp.jpg

Think it will be coming off the road in around 2 weeks for the winter.

Once it's off the road the 450+hp chase begins.

Things I'll be doing over the winter are

Gearbox rebuilt due to it crunching at high rpm going into 5th gear
New turbo set up,between a holset hy35 top mount or just a hybrid pushing 450 max.
Alloy rad
Change of alloys
Front facing inlet mani
Bigger injectors
Mapped by Bradley

Then anything else that creeps up

It's going to be a costly few months!

Hope that shifting to 5th at high rpm is on track :p I know what sorta speed a shift from 4th at 7k generates :laughing:

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
Hope that shifting to 5th at high rpm is on track :p I know what sorta speed a shift from 4th at 7k generates :laughing:

Lol! 200km/h converts to 70mph...right?

Was just out now checking @SMURF1 ,seats still had the Evo 7 recaro rails on them so I was able to bolt the Evo mounting brackets off then cut the brackets off the skyline seats and bolt them onto the recaro rails. Saves me the guts of £200 I think lol.

@sparkso that's the colour I was going for in the end as it looks perfect! But decided just to sell the wheels as they are as they just don't suit the r33 right :worried:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Would love another clean white 33:worried: only if was as easy as was 8 year ago. 3800 bought my second one, a mint spec2 just off the boat with basic toys.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
OP
EP82JM
The only thing in worried about is them going back down to that price @Eager. Not sure how to read the market at the minute

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.